LOLWEB20 ... reality setting in

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Some posters here will love this story. They only wish it happened with every company.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Zynga and Facebook show us that the investing public learned absolutely nothing from the late 90's. They rushed in, in droves, to buy these stocks even though everyone with half a brain could see that they were vastly overpriced. The allure of a fancy story of many users blah blah blah proved to be too much to resist again, even though as in the 90's there was no great business model to be seen.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Some posters here will love this story. They only wish it happened with every company.

What part, that the boss said up front he would never sell and folk bought in anyway and now want him to sell? I mean, fuck what he said, I'm losing money?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
What part, that the boss said up front he would never sell and folk bought in anyway and now want him to sell? I mean, fuck what he said, I'm losing money?

the part of investors losing money, regardless of the circumstance.

I don't have empathy for the stupid investors, they knew what they were getting into. I also understand that this is how they game works and prefer it to be this way. Some, however, wish corporations and investors didn't exist at all and any doom on them is always justifiable regardless of the circumstance.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.