LOL @ the latest "feature" on these forums.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Why is this a mystery. It is a ploy for viewers to disable their ad blockers because Perch doesn’t make any money off people who block ads.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
instructables?
I'm using firefox on android. If you're using chrome, you need to switch browsers. Kiwi is a popular android browser that's basically chrome, and I think supports chrome extensions. You'd want to install that, then install ublock origin. You then want to open the ublock interface(don't know how on non firefox browsers), tap the eyedropper, then pick the elements on the page you want to hide.

If you're on a desktop, you can use whatever browser that supports extensions(I use and endorse firefox), then do the same as above, but it's all easier since you aren't poking the screen like a monkey :^D

Reactions: highland145

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I'm using firefox on android. If you're using chrome, you need to switch browsers. Kiwi is a popular android browser that's basically chrome, and I think supports chrome extensions. You'd want to install that, then install ublock origin. You then want to open the ublock interface(don't know how on non firefox browsers), tap the eyedropper, then pick the elements on the page you want to hide.

If you're on a desktop, you can use whatever browser that supports extensions(I use and endorse firefox), then do the same as above, but it's all easier since you aren't poking the screen like a monkey :^D
lol the home desktop. Thanks.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
This element blocker thing is a whole new world to me, a beautiful new world.
if only i could figure out which element to block to get rid of seeing other peoples' likes on twitter

Mar 11, 2004
Why is this a mystery. It is a ploy for viewers to disable their ad blockers because Perch doesn’t make any money off people who block ads.

Except isn't this just like the FBI warning at the front of a movie, where the people doing the behavior they're trying to stop won't ever even see it, while the people not doing it will be, driving them to find ways to get around it?

If people using adblockers won't see it, then what does it accomplish? If they need money, maybe think about improving the reason people were coming to this site in the first place (the articles)?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Except isn't this just like the FBI warning at the front of a movie, where the people doing the behavior they're trying to stop won't ever even see it, while the people not doing it will be, driving them to find ways to get around it?

If people using adblockers won't see it, then what does it accomplish? If they need money, maybe think about improving the reason people were coming to this site in the first place (the articles)?

Sad part is I am on here mostly during the day on my phone on Chrome so no ad block at all. This Bell of Annoyance is an affront to users like me.

Reactions: skyking

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
i like it, it adds some charm
You are a sick individual.
This element blocker thing is a whole new world to me, a beautiful new world.
giphy.gif

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am avoiding this issue by installing Brave browser. Now they don't even get the paltry ad revenue they used to get from my visits.

Reactions: BudAshes

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I am avoiding this issue by installing Brave browser. Now they don't even get the paltry ad revenue they used to get from my visits.

Not only the bell but the malicious exploit ads that ATOT throws up every once in a while that will redirect your mobile browser. Brave solves all the problems.

Reactions: highland145

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Not only the bell but the malicious exploit ads that ATOT throws up every once in a while that will redirect your mobile browser. Brave solves all the problems.

It is replacing Chrome as my default mobile browser

Reactions: BudAshes