LOL @ the latest "feature" on these forums.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm talking about that big ass red bell on the bottom of the right side of the screen, that actually covers a button on the forum list.

Jesus christ whoever is in charge of this forums is just trying to make an already dead forum even deader.

Thanks for letting me know that I blocked notifications from this site and how to turn it back on. I blocked it for a reason you idiots, and it's not because I want to keep being reminded about it and that I don't know how to turn them back on.

Thank god for adblockers that can block stupid shit like that.

ZNgZaFL.png

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I don't have it, but I also run ublock and block a lot of cookies that might prevent this from loading.

Reactions: Ken g6

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
I don't see that with Firefox (with AdBlocker Ultimate add-on). Shows up in Edge.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am on Chrome in Android. May have to switch browser if this persists.

Screenshot_20200129-075442.png

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i don't see it and i'm only running facebook container and privacy badger

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm just running regular AdBlock Plus on Firefox and it was there until I blocked the element.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Seriously, what the hell?

Next they're gonna have a bigger-ass red button that enables advertisements.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I complained about this in an unrelated thread in Forum issues this morning.

Holy shit fuck that red bell. I can't believe anyone thought it was needed.

Reactions: skyking

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
How are you blocking youtube ads?
I don't block them (I mainly watch YouTube on my TV so I don't know how I could anyway) but man I sure don't see as many ads as others seem to, judging from comments. I'll see the yellow vertical lines on the time bar, which as I understand it are ad spots, and only maybe see 20% or 30% of them. I dunno if that's normal, maybe those signify ads *could* appear there, but even if that's true I sure seem to see less than others. Not sure what's up with that.

Also, don't see that red bell crap on Firefox + uBlock Origin (ftw).

Actually I thought I had uBlock disabled for this site. Maybe it's back on because I'm on a new laptop and logged into Firefox for the first time yesterday.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I always forget Youtube has ads until I try to use it on my phone or in a VM or other system where I did not setup any ad blocking. Holy crap, it's literally unwatchable without blocking ads. The irony is when a Youtube video of a commercial has an actual commercial.

I sorta feel bad blocking ads as it is how Youtubers make their money, but holy crap. Some videos will even have ads even half way through a video.

I want to look at pi hole at some point so I can block ads at the network layer, but on the other hand it makes troubleshooting issues harder. I always keep a browser with zero addons so if I'm having an issue on a site I try it with that browser but if I start blocking stuff at the network level it adds a variable. I could set it up on only a few vlans though, don't have to use it for the whole network.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken g6

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I don't block them (I mainly watch YouTube on my TV so I don't know how I could anyway) but man I sure don't see as many ads as others seem to, judging from comments. I'll see the yellow vertical lines on the time bar, which as I understand it are ad spots, and only maybe see 20% or 30% of them. I dunno if that's normal, maybe those signify ads *could* appear there, but even if that's true I sure seem to see less than others. Not sure what's up with that.

Also, don't see that red bell crap on Firefox + uBlock Origin (ftw).

Actually I thought I had uBlock disabled for this site. Maybe it's back on because I'm on a new laptop and logged into Firefox for the first time yesterday.
Blocking ads on YT is simply uBlocker or similar extensions for Chrome.

Doesn't help with YT TV for commercials though. ;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I should check my laptop, because I still have privacy badger on it, but my other 2 Chrome desktops, with AB+, show the damn bell. On this one, I have no option to block the element. ><

Feb 4, 2009
I complained about this in an unrelated thread in Forum issues this morning.

Holy shit fuck that red bell. I can't believe anyone thought it was needed.

No bell on my device
iPhone 6
Safari browser.

**not trying to be an Apple snob those f’ers annoy me**

F0957BC4-251F-44A2-8073-0D0D3E8C0C77.png