LOL ... EA admits they have no good new games out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Good stuff, though i'd say that was sarcasm from the employee initially ;)

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Stuuupid. I hate EA too, but there's no point in some punk kid calling a CSR and getting them to admit that one of their games is bad.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jacktackle
Stuuupid. I hate EA too, but there's no point in some punk kid calling a CSR and getting them to admit that one of their games is bad.

I certainly wouldnt take the words of a CSR as the word of the entire company.

But they do make crappy, rushed, buggy games, in general...there is absolutely ZERO concern with actually making a good game.

Case in point: BF2 was decent, but still buggy...bugs that seemed left over from BF1942. Either way, most flagrantly - when they released the first expansion, and added new weapons, they actually let people with the expansion use those upgraded super weapons amongst those people who didnt buy the expansion....it was total rape for those who didnt have access to them.

There is just no way I'm going to be forced into paying $30 just to play on a even field again. Absurd.

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
Originally posted by: BD2003
Originally posted by: jacktackle

I certainly wouldnt take the words of a CSR as the word of the entire company.

But they do make crappy, rushed, buggy games, in general...there is absolutely ZERO concern with actually making a good game.

Case in point: BF2 was decent, but still buggy...bugs that seemed left over from BF1942. Either way, most flagrantly - when they released the first expansion, and added new weapons, they actually let people with the expansion use those upgraded super weapons amongst those people who didnt buy the expansion....it was total rape for those who didnt have access to them.

There is just no way I'm going to be forced into paying $30 just to play on a even field again. Absurd.

LOL bump

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I think EA has single-handedly wrecked the gaming industry. There are so many gamers in their 20's that have been permanently turned off because of the antics of companies like EA.

OOBradm

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
MOHAA is another good example of all these games, one 1.11 patch, then thats it.

I'f you've played the game a decent amount then you know about the lean glitch and land sharking

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Anyone else think it was just a setup? Comeon, no one in any company talks like that!

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Does anyone remember back in the C64 days when EA had all the best games like Archon, Hard Hat Mack, Racing Destruction Set, etc.? Back then they were head and shoulders above their competition.

Its sad how much has changed in the last 20 years...

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
There's truth in the part about them rushing games out and not fixing their broken games.

C&C Generals, which otherwise is a great game, was riddled with stability issues, gameplay issues, and networking issues. At first they tried to fix it, but then they just went quiet on their message boards, finally abandoning the game.

Perfect example of a good game ruined b/c EA rushed it and then abandoned it, leaving a bunch of pissed of customers who bought it.

I hate EA because of that game.