LOL, Brown Cut

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Apparently he just re-enrolled at central Michigan to take undergrad classes. If he really finishes his education and graduates I will say good for him. He needs it.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Nah, he was a better QB than majority of the backups in the league since he was 'retired'
Yeah.....but no one wants to hire someone who won't stand for 'Murica.... Colin shook things up and owners want money to flow. They can find other playmakers...with far less drama.

Same thing with Brown. It's not worth the PR time explaining why you're keeping someone like that one your team.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Apparently he just re-enrolled at central Michigan to take undergrad classes. If he really finishes his education and graduates I will say good for him. He needs it.

I have to wonder what sort of classes he can take and pass with his current command of the language. There's no evidence that he could get through a remedial English course.

Difference is Kraft was paying for sex, not sneaking up on someone and forcing it on them. If Brown had any REAL friends they would tell him he needs help, possibly counseling, a shrink, or both.

If he had one person, ONE, with enough influence to smack some sense into him things never would have gotten this far.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Yeah.....but no one wants to hire someone who won't stand for 'Murica.... Colin shook things up and owners want money to flow. They can find other playmakers...with far less drama.

Same thing with Brown. It's not worth the PR time explaining why you're keeping someone like that one your team.
100 % this

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
100 % this

You're apparently a complete moron. I said the same thing about him being a PR issue and the media circus. You quoted me and said "wrong". Now you are agreeing 100% with the exact same messaging? Lol, what a troll.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
You're apparently a complete moron. I said the same thing about him being a PR issue and the media circus. You quoted me and said "wrong". Now you are agreeing 100% with the exact same messaging? Lol, what a troll.

Talent wise he should be in the NFL, i figured you'd be smart enough to see the highlighted part that i was replying to in your post, but go ahead and keep calling people you disagree with names.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Talent wise he should be in the NFL, i figured you'd be smart enough to see the highlighted part that i was replying to in your post, but go ahead and keep calling people you disagree with names.

You bolded (highlighted) two sentences in my post. Why not use the ounce intelligence you have to re-read your reply. This has nothing to do with me disagreeing with you. It has to do with your hypocritical responses.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
You bolded (highlighted) two sentences in my post. Why not use the ounce intelligence you have to re-read your reply. This has nothing to do with me disagreeing with you. It has to do with your hypocritical responses.

My Apologies, i have no idea why i had the second sentence highlighted cause i 100% agree that's why he isn't on a team, it's not a question of talent.

Last edited:

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
My Apologies, i have no idea why i had the second sentence highlighted cause i 100% agree that's why he isn't on a team, it's not a question of talent.
OK, no problem. I take back the insults since it was an honest mistake! :) We agree to disagree on if his talent is worthwhile for a team. Lol

Reactions: Scarpozzi and KMFJD

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005

Kaep sucks...he had a few OK years and then was benched. All he has now is drama.

BTW: the 49ers have a 3-0 start!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Kaep sucks...he had a few OK years and then was benched. All he has now is drama.

BTW: the 49ers have a 3-0 start!
You gotta remember how bad the 49ers were the decade before his breakout season. After Alex Smith got injured, no one expected Kaep to play at that same level and keep them winning... They were very similar players (mobile with a good arm). I agree with comments that he can still play in the league and what I said about drama, but sadly there are only 32 NFL QB starters and many colleges in the US that produce good passers, mobile or not that will sign 4-5 year rookie contracts on the cheap. If he really wants work, he needs to change industries...

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Having a breakout season means nothing if you don't keep up the pace. You have to do it consistently.

Look at RG3's rookie year.

Look at Keenum 2 years ago in Minnesota.

Look at the start that Fitzmagic had last year.

Doing it once doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Kaep wasn't a world beater by any means, however after the SB season the roster fell apart and was one of the LEAST talented rosters in the league. Thank Blake for that and then because the ownership didn't like Jim not bowing before them they had a who's who of who were their coaches again after him. They sucked in general and Kaep wasn't the reason they sucked.

However his talent doesn't exceed the PR crap/baggage associated with him, this is why he's not playing.