logitech support is awesome

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
So my Z-5500 sound system control pod wasn't reading ANY digital signals. My friend has the same system and I tested it with the same source and it worked fine, so I decided to give the tech support a call. I've had the system for about 1 year so it was still under warranty, and the tech support guy made me read the little serial number and then put me on hold for me a bit, gave me a case number, and told me to send in JUST the control pod and the remote, and they would send me a WHOLE brand new system.

A++ from me! Never seen a company with this good of tech support.

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Mike
That doesn't make sense, but :thumbsup: for you.

which part doesn't make sense? let me outline it for you.

1. My Control pod on my Z-5500 sound system was NOT reading ANY digital signals
2. I contacted tech support
3. They wanted me to send in just the control pod and the remote (I can keep the sub, and all 5 speakers.)
4. They're sending me a BRAND new system.

Dec 4, 2002
Calm down Billy, your post made perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is the fact that Logitech would trade a broken pod for an entire brand new system.

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
Calm down Billy, your post made perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is the fact that Logitech would trade a broken pod for an entire brand new system.

Ok, yeah it doesn't make sense to me either but what he told me is that they do not have the control pod "in stock" so they'll just send me a whole new system. That's awesome to me.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: nboy22

Ok, yeah it doesn't make sense to me either but what he told me is that they do not have the control pod "in stock" so they'll just send me a whole new system. That's awesome to me.
Give me your old speakers then. :p

No, seriously....

Chiller2

Aug 19, 2005
That doesn't make sense, but :thumbsup: for you.

Its because it would cost so much to send the speakers back and since without the pod you can't use them they just have you send the pod.

Warthog912

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: nboy22
So my Z-5500 sound system control pod wasn't reading ANY digital signals. My friend has the same system and I tested it with the same source and it worked fine, so I decided to give the tech support a call. I've had the system for about 1 year so it was still under warranty, and the tech support guy made me read the little serial number and then put me on hold for me a bit, gave me a case number, and told me to send in JUST the control pod and the remote, and they would send me a WHOLE brand new system.

A++ from me! Never seen a company with this good of tech support.

Same thing happened to me with z680's. Blew the sub, called em up, they said mail the pod + remote.... About 5 Days later BAM a BRAND new set of 5.1 speakers to compliment my other 5 satellites and broken sub!

With that kind of service I'll go above and beyond to purchase Logitech Hardware from now on.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Same thing happened with my friend. He had issues with his DiNovo Bluetooth Laser kybd & mouse, called, they sent him out a brand new set in the box.

Logitech is a good company that makes great products, one of the few these days

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
I agree....Logitech has set me, as well as my parents up very well. Our wireless keyboards/mice began to act all weird, we called them up and told them, and they sent us the newest model free of charge, and just told us to throw away the old ones! Amazing..

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
i disagree, i emailed them that my right clicker on my mx510 was starting to go bad, they reply with some driver bs. i dont use their shytty fvcking drivers, i just want a new mouse you know?

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
They were even more awesome to me.

The headphone jack on the control pod for my Z-5300e system started only working on the right channel, so I called them. The speakers were fine and everything, but they sent me a whole new system, via OVERNIGHT DHL.

I said: "Fvck it, I can live with a non working headphone jack." I sold it on eBay.

Thanks Logitech!

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: us3rnotfound
i disagree, i emailed them that my right clicker on my mx510 was starting to go bad, they reply with some driver bs. i dont use their shytty fvcking drivers, i just want a new mouse you know?

Call them.

I got a brand new MX1000 when my MX700 went bad, no questions asked. They didn't even want me to send them the bad mouse.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I just got off the phone with Logitech and they are sending me a MX3000 desktop. I LOVE THEM!

KillerAngel

Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: keeleysam
They were even more awesome to me.

The headphone jack on the control pod for my Z-5300e system started only working on the right channel, so I called them. The speakers were fine and everything, but they sent me a whole new system, via OVERNIGHT DHL.

I said: "Fvck it, I can live with a non working headphone jack." I sold it on eBay.

Thanks Logitech!

Umm...that's not very cool.

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Wow after reading this thread, I wish I had purchased 5.1 logitech's instead of my 5.1 altec lansing. Altec Lansing products :thumbsdown:

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Logitech's products decorate my desk. Speakers, mouse, keyboard, mic, all of it kicks ass. Hearing that their support is this good just makes me want to buy more Logitech products.

:thumbsup:

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I had a couple Harmony 880s go bad on me, and they took good care of me both times.

:thumbsup:

Icanoutsmokeany1

Jan 6, 2005
I will only buy Logitech accessories for this reason.

A) Products are kick ass

B) If they go bad, which is understandable given their everyday use and abuse, Logitech covers them FULLY

I own Logitech Z-580's, Media keyboard, MX310, and Quickcam all because of this. I also buy nothing but Logitech for upgrades for friends/family

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
My MX5000 KB/Mouse combo shipped without a driver CD, so they sent me one overnight.
Very surprised and happy.