Logitech Gaming software. Anyone use it?

de8212

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2000
Trying to figure out if this software is any good.

I have version 8.40.83 and a G700 mouse. On the main screen I have it in Auto Game Detection Mode. And when you click on the mouse icon with the two blue arrows at the bottom I have the profile set to Black Ops 2. It's the only game I play.

First question. I am trying to map one of the top buttons. It's the furthermost button on the top of the mouse near the left click button. I have it set to Keystroke "Enter" which is where I have my knife attack mapped to in the game. The enter works fine on the keyboard but when I press that button on the mouse, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Not sure if this falls into cheating so if it does just ignore. Can I map 2 commands to one button like a macro? For example, can one button press go prone and fire?

Just trying to take advantage of the configuration of the mouse.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I use it for my G105 keyboard. The software's pretty self-explanatory, IMO.

That's kind of weird that a simple keystroke mapping doesn't work for you. Does it work outside of Blops 2? i.e., if you're typing up a post and press the mouse button, does it go down a line, or does it still not work?

I'm thinking maybe it's not switching profiles correctly when you launch the game. Have you tried just mapping the keystroke to the default profile?

And yes, you can create macros with multiple keystrokes.

Jovec

Feb 24, 2008
Test your profile in the Logitech Gaming Software first to make sure your macros are working.

Try setting your COD profile to persistent. Also try going to the profile's properties and selecting "Lock profile while game is running." If one of these work, it's possible the software has issues automatically switching profiles. Make sure it's pointing to the right EXE file, or you might have to switch them manually.

As to the prone/fire macro, it should be possible using a multi-key macro. You might have to use the delay function.

It's also possible that the game has anti-cheat software that is causing problems.