Logitech customer support FTW!

AznSensation

Dec 26, 2004
I called them up b/c one of my MX 1000's rubber feet was missing. They said they don't have any MX 1000's in stock, so they'll send me MX Revolution instead.

WOOT!

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Yep. They did the same thing for me as well. I'm using the MX Rev now though I have to say that I prefer the MX1000.

ArJuN

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2005
The Rev is a sweet ass mouse. Just watch out the, the super speedy scroll wheel is damn addicting.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
They're great, replaced my MX700 with an MX1000 last year no problems, didn't even want it back.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Bah. They replaced my MX700 (which I loved) with an inferior unit, and when I called back to complain, the CSR was unhelpful (I can't remember what all was said or etc., was a year or two ago now). I ended up buying an MX1000, and I hate it, because clicking the scroll wheel is a major PITA. So... I've been thinking about finding an MX700 or something on eBay.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
Bah. They replaced my MX700 (which I loved) with an inferior unit, and when I called back to complain, the CSR was unhelpful (I can't remember what all was said or etc., was a year or two ago now). I ended up buying an MX1000, and I hate it, because clicking the scroll wheel is a major PITA. So... I've been thinking about finding an MX700 or something on eBay.

G7 ftw

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
Heh... all their gaming products suck ass..... Gamepads, joysticks... both nothing but trouble.

you obviously have not tried their $300 6 speed gated shifter racing wheel

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Platypus
Drew, what do you mean clicking the scroll wheel?

Center click, using the scroll wheel... rather than being a soft by tactile, like I felt it was on the MX700, the button on the MX1000 feels like they were trying to make it a lot harder to push. If I press it "straight down", as I do when clicking any scroll wheel, nothing happens. I have to use a lot more force, and press kinda sideways on it before it acknowledges my click.

Lazarus

Oct 18, 1999
Thanks AznSensation

I just called logitech about my mx1000 told them it doesn't work and they are sending me a MX revolution for free. Woot :) i mostly use my G5 for gaming but hey a free mouse is a free mouse :)

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Lazarus
Thanks AznSensation

I just called logitech about my mx1000 told them it doesn't work and they are sending me a MX revolution for free. Woot :) i mostly use my G5 for gaming but hey a free mouse is a free mouse :)

:| Wtf?

AznSensation

Dec 26, 2004
hmmm my logitech keyboard is 1 month old and it's pretty dirty.

Time to get a new one!

puhahaha I'm rick james

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Awesome, take advantage of them so they no longer send out replacement mice for ones that are actually broken. And you wonder why so many return policies are not any good and customer support is not helpful. :|

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Wow, screw all you people who are taking advantage of their liberal returns policy. You people are the reason few companies can afford to be so good to their customers.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Thanks AznSensation

So you're saying that you committed fraud?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
Thanks AznSensation

I saw a son of a bitch like him named Lazarus on Walker: Texas Ranger this morning. Don't worry, Chuck's gonna get him.

state 08

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2005
Cool I got one today too!

My MX1000 middle click sucked bigtime, and I was just ignoring it. Why ignore when you can get a Revolution!

Logi FTW

Lazarus

Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
Thanks AznSensation

No my MX1000 was actually broken, but I have a G5 that i use so i never really thought about calling to get a new one cause the G5 is way better. But when AznSensation said he got the MX revolution I said what the hell I'll give them a call too since my MX1000 was still under warranty.

Originally posted by: iamaelephant
Wow, screw all you people who are taking advantage of their liberal returns policy. You people are the reason few companies can afford to be so good to their customers.

I have in front of me a Logitech G15 keyboard, A Logitech quickcam orbit MP, A G5 Gaming Mouse and in my other room I have A Dinovo blutooth Desktop and Several Mice, trackballs and keyboards from logitech over the years. This is the first time I have ever called logitech Support.

So keep your flamerboy comments to yourself.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
great that they have such awesome CS, too bad they have crappy programmers and I doubt I'll see proper Vista drivers for my diNovo anytime in 2k7.