Lock... my intention was not to garner sympathy from anyone

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Vespasian
If the Jewish people (all 13.2 million of us) vanished from the face of the earth tomorrow, would the world be a more peaceful place?

Yes, because that would mean Jesus had returned...or come for the first time from your point of view...

singh

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2001
Of course not. What a silly question. We humans will always find something to fight about.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
No, the hatred of the Arabs and all other anti semites would just be transferred to some other group. It's human nature. Some people need someone else to hate in order to justify their own existence. Sad but true.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Did the actual physical country of Isreal "vanish" with you?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
There's only 13.2 million Jews in the entire world? I find that somewhat hard to believe....

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Yes, but the same could be said about the Islams...and THEN some!

Or the christians, or ANY large group of people..........

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
If the Jewish people (all 13.2 million of us) vanished from the face of the earth tomorrow, would the world be a more peaceful place?

Yes, because that would mean Jesus had returned...or come for the first time from your point of view...

you've got your religious philosophies confused bud...

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Vespasian stop worrying about it. I am just a dumb redneck myself. The world would only be slightly better with all the rednecks dead.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: glenn1 There's only 13.2 million Jews in the entire world? I find that somewhat hard to believe....
Why? Because we do so many evil things?

Now why do you even say such a thing. Has it occured to you that statistically speaking, 13.2 million is such a small number that its amazing anyone knows anyone who is Jewish. That fact that we DO makes it hard to believe

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Now why do you even say such a thing. Has it occured to you that statistically speaking, 13.2 million is such a small number that its amazing anyone knows anyone who is Jewish. That fact that we DO makes it hard to believe.

Exactly. Your figure, if it's correct (and i'm not disputing it) means that you're about 0.225% of the world population. I would have thought the figure significantly higher than that.

Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Millennium
Vespasian stop worrying about it. I am just a dumb redneck myself. The world would only be slightly better with all the rednecks dead.
It just hit me like a 16-wheeler that most of the hate and resentment in the world (whether justified or not) revolves around us. And that scares me.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Millennium
It just hit me like a 16-wheeler that most of the hate and resentment in the world (whether justified or not) revolves around us. And that scares me.

No it doesn't and that is dangerous thinking. Most of the hate in the world comes from ignorance and lack of responsibility.

Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: glenn1
Now why do you even say such a thing. Has it occured to you that statistically speaking, 13.2 million is such a small number that its amazing anyone knows anyone who is Jewish. That fact that we DO makes it hard to believe.

Exactly. Your figure, if it's correct (and i'm not disputing it) means that you're about 0.225% of the world population. I would have thought the figure significantly higher than that.
The estimate of 13.2 million (derived by The American Jewish Committee in 2000) is actually one of the higher estimates that I have seen. I've seen estimates as low as 12 million.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Millennium Vespasian stop worrying about it. I am just a dumb redneck myself. The world would only be slightly better with all the rednecks dead.

I think you ought to consider that the amount of publicized violence centers around the Middle East, but I can assure you that the Aboriginies in Australia had been persecuted too. How many hundreds of thousands die in tribal wars in Africa? They still have slavery. No, Israel has been linked to the US, and the middle east controls our drug of choice, oil to a large degree. If it affects our pocket book, it makes the news. You are every bit as human as the rest of us, it is just that Israel in stuck in hell

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Fortunately, the man who came up with this hateful religion is already dead, but he's managed to win a few converts anyway.

Klassen

Just do a search on "Church of the White Man" and Klassen... here's more...

Joy :p

It's people who promote crap like this that the world can do without. Oh, and this is just the tip of the iceberg... Unfortunately I know a lot about this because the mountain my husband wants to retire to is where Klassen had his church, and where he is buried. I get the heebie jeebies really bad there at night sometimes (we go up there regularly).

<---proud to be of mixed heritage, and therefore of the Mud Race!

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: hdeck
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

you've got your religious philosophies confused bud...

How so? Christians and the Jews have the same Bible up to the New Testament. Every religion traces its origin to Abraham. The biggest difference between Christianity and Judaism is that Jews don't believe The Savior has come yet, whereas Christians do. I think both agree, that when The Savior comes (either for the second or first time, depending on the point of view), He will bring Peace to the world.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Isla
Fortunately, the man who came up with this hateful religion is already dead, but he's managed to win a few converts anyway. Klassen Just do a search on "Church of the White Man" and Klassen... here's more... Joy :p It's people who promote crap like this that the world can do without. Oh, and this is just the tip of the iceberg... Unfortunately I know a lot about this because the mountain my husband wants to retire to is where Klassen had his church, and where he is buried. I get the heebie jeebies really bad there at night sometimes (we go up there regularly). <---proud to be of mixed heritage, and therefore of the Mud Race!

You lost me

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Originally posted by: Isla
Fortunately, the man who came up with this hateful religion is already dead, but he's managed to win a few converts anyway. Klassen Just do a search on "Church of the White Man" and Klassen... here's more... Joy :p It's people who promote crap like this that the world can do without. Oh, and this is just the tip of the iceberg... Unfortunately I know a lot about this because the mountain my husband wants to retire to is where Klassen had his church, and where he is buried. I get the heebie jeebies really bad there at night sometimes (we go up there regularly). <---proud to be of mixed heritage, and therefore of the Mud Race!

You lost me

I'm answering the original question (as opposed to getting involved in the side debates).

No, the world would NOT be a more peaceful place if the Jewish people disappeared. But people like Klassen... I wouldn't miss one bit.

BTW, you should look around... you'll find some people believe that the Hebrew race is actually from the Nephilim (fallen angels) and man... and to some, that means they are truly the devil's spawn. It is totally scary what some people out there believe...

Sorry... I'm tired and I just wanted to be sure y'all understood just how much twistedness concerning this subject was out there.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
No, the hatred of the Arabs and all other anti semites would just be transferred to some other group. It's human nature. Some people need someone else to hate in order to justify their own existence. Sad but true.

damn - you my friend, are so right. we're savages (not totally unlike other species before us) and the world will be a peaceful place if we all equally disappeared. imo.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

No it doesn't. Name a group on the face of the earth, and i can find another group that hates the first group for no reason whatsoever. Hutus committed genocide on Tutsis in Rwanda, Tutsis committed genocide on Hutus in Burundi, the Armenian genocide in Turkey, the massacre of the Sikhs in India back in 1984, the Spanish completely annihilating the Incan people.... i can think of dozens of groups which are hated and have been brutalized just as badly as the Jews over the years. A very sad statement indeed, but true.

Oh, and BTW, it's an 18-wheeler, not 16 ;)