Lochness monster proves the theory of evolution is wrong

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I don't mind at all that they want to teach whatever it is they please. But these folks also have the right to vote, and vote they must suredly do. Now that scares me to no end.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
One of my fondest dream for after I win the lottery is to creates a giant mechanical remote control Godzilla and have it walk out of the water at mid day in Tokyo bay.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I don't mind at all that they want to teach whatever it is they please. But these folks also have the right to vote, and vote they must suredly do. Now that scares me to no end.

Scares me too. That's why I push for smaller Federal powers. So we here in California don't infringe on them and they don't infringe on us.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
One of my fondest dream for after I win the lottery is to creates a giant mechanical remote control Godzilla and have it walk out of the water at mid day in Tokyo bay.

If I had some space titanium we could make one.

200px-Mechagodzilla.jpg

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
Dude, what the hell. I could have sworn, going by several of your other posts, that you are a creationist. I've also seen you post pro evolution stuff a few times. This is creeping me out. Are you a creationist, or are you a normal person?

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Dude, what the hell. I could have sworn, going by several of your other posts, that you are a creationist. I've also seen you post pro evolution stuff a few times. This is creeping me out. Are you a creationist, or are you a normal person?

You're going to have to define "normal."

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
One ACE textbook – Biology 1099, Accelerated Christian Education Inc – reads: "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Is that the course number or the year that the "science" data was gathered that the book used for a reference during publishing?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
People who answer the following question correctly:

"Was Fred Flintstone a) a real, or b) fictional person?"

It's been proposed that all potential realities must be actualized. So yeah the answer is both of the above ;)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
what next?? the sky is falling?? I think the eco-KOOKS have that covered.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Not everyone has that choice dip shit and the money was ALREADY PUT ASIDE FOR THE CHILD . If Public schools can't do a good enough job, then fuck them starve them of money. Waah government needs money to function, how about government has to fucking function in order to get our money? Tool bag wannabe slave owner. that's all you are.

Both of you are going way overboard with the personal attacks, please knock it off.

Rainsford, P&N Mod

Sure they have the choice, lots of people homeschool and I send 2 kids to private school. Your putting your ideology over 50 years of world class education. I'll take educational history over the musings of random forum guys.

Don't like public schools send your kid to private school. Can't afford it? "Blame yourself"

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Doesn't public funded education remove standards?

How often do teachers get fired for poor performance?

No it doesn't remove standards, maybe bad personnel policies are a legit beef but going to voucher system doesn't solve personnel/policy issues.

Sure the system could use some changes but getting rid of a system because it needs improving and ignoring 60 years of benefit to society is silly.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
No it doesn't remove standards, maybe bad personnel policies are a legit beef but going to voucher system doesn't solve personnel/policy issues.

Sure the system could use some changes but getting rid of a system because it needs improving and ignoring 60 years of benefit to society is silly.

If public schools had some competition, the education our children receive would probably improve.

Why not open schools up to competition? If ford, GM, dodge, toyota,,, can compete, why not schools?

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
And then there's this part...

Textbooks of some state-funded Christian schools praise the Ku Klux Klan.

The violent, racist organisation, which still exists in the US, advocates white supremacy, white nationalism and anti-immigration.

One excerpt from Bob Jones University Press American history textbook has been reported as saying: "the [Ku Klux] Klan in some areas of the country tried to be a means of reform, fighting the decline in morality and using the symbol of the cross ... In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians."

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
And then there's this part...
Textbooks of some state-funded Christian schools praise the Ku Klux Klan.

The violent, racist organisation, which still exists in the US, advocates white supremacy, white nationalism and anti-immigration.

One excerpt from Bob Jones University Press American history textbook has been reported as saying: "the [Ku Klux] Klan in some areas of the country tried to be a means of reform, fighting the decline in morality and using the symbol of the cross ... In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians."

That was mighty white of him.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
If public schools had some competition, the education our children receive would probably improve.

Why not open schools up to competition? If ford, GM, dodge, toyota,,, can compete, why not schools?

This shows fundamental lack of understanding of the public/private sector. One competes for shareholder value, schools should not be competing for shareholder value.

In fact introducing profit motive to k-12 would be disastrous. Do some research on what education was like Pre 1940.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As for me, I am waiting to see creationists vindicated.

As we only have to wait two months and change to see it happen at the 2012 GOP national convention.

I can see it all already, and am willing to bet zero dollars and and zero cents with all commers. Because you will all see I am right when it happens. Mark my words, you will see I am right when Sarah Palin rides into the GOP national astride a T-rex, that will rapidly start to eat Mitt Romney delegates right and left, until hunger barely abated, there will not be a single Mitt Romney delegate left uneaten.

So please join me before it is too late, as I welcome our new creationist overlords.

Nor is that the extent of the defacto GOP nominee in Sarah Palin and creationists powers. Because come the November general election, Palin and the creationists will deploy and army of small specially trained velicoraptors to every polling place in the nation. They may not be very big but they are sharp eyed and fast. So if anyone is foolish enough to try to vote democratic, a velcioraptir will instantly bite your hand off.
Which will leave you one hand left to vote GOP.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
As for me, I am waiting to see creationists vindicated.

As we only have to wait two months and change to see it happen at the 2012 GOP national convention.

I can see it all already, and am willing to bet zero dollars and and zero cents with all commers. Because you will all see I am right when it happens. Mark my words, you will see I am right when Sarah Palin rides into the GOP national astride a T-rex, that will rapidly start to eat Mitt Romney delegates right and left, until hunger barely abated, there will not be a single Mitt Romney delegate left uneaten.

So please join me before it is too late, as I welcome our new creationist overlords.

Nor is that the extent of the defacto GOP nominee in Sarah Palin and creationists powers. Because come the November general election, Palin and the creationists will deploy and army of small specially trained velicoraptors to every polling place in the nation. They may not be very big but they are sharp eyed and fast. So if anyone is foolish enough to try to vote democratic, a velcioraptir will instantly bite your hand off.
Which will leave you one hand left to vote GOP.

Strange how you think that only (R)s are relignuts. Obama has an extremely large Xtian, homophobic, gun-loving base. Thankfully they are just better at not wanting to create policy based on that garbage.