Lochness monster proves the theory of evolution is wrong

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Wharrrgarble. I'm actually somewhat surprised by Louisiana on this one though, not because it is a largely conservative state, but because it is a heavily Catholic one. (Catholicism does not deny evolution in favor of creationist views)

The textbooks in the series are alleged to teach young earth creationism; are hostile towards other religions and other sectors of Christianity, including Roman Catholicism; and present a biased version of history that is often factually incorrect.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Pete the Plesiosaurus!

Sadly I know a guy who would eat this up. Happily I no longer associate with him.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Another claim taught is that a Japanese whaling boat once caught a dinosaur. It's unclear if the movie Godzilla was the inspiration for this lesson.

Now that's cool

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I wonder if they are referring to that prehistoric fish, the Coelacanth ...

http://www.reuters.com/video/2009/11/17/prehistoric-fish-caught-on-film?videoId=1286763

Perhaps, but even the most off the wall creationist should know the difference between a fish and a dinosaur.

What bears looking into is how accurate the story actually is. It seems to be the anecdotal tale of someone who went through the course. For example what "state supported school" praises the KKK?

Hmm.. time to dig a bit deeper.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
This is the real reason for the voucher system. It isn't to promote better schooling through competition. It's because evangelicals don't like that the SCOTUS has forbidden teaching creationism in schools and they want to use public funding to put their kids in schools where they can be taught crap like this.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
It's not true.

I seem to remember the name Scaramanga. I did some searching and found him. Here's his pic.

scaramanga1.jpg

I mean who could trust a man with a golden gun?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
This is the real reason for the voucher system. It isn't to promote better schooling through competition. It's because evangelicals don't like that the SCOTUS has forbidden teaching creationism in schools and they want to use public funding to put their kids in schools where they can be taught crap like this.

Baloney. It's because private schools here produce better results than public schools. To isolate one example of a retarded private school and use it to project on private schooling as a whole is silly.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Wharrrgarble. I'm actually somewhat surprised by Louisiana on this one though, not because it is a largely conservative state, but because it is a heavily Catholic one. (Catholicism does not deny evolution in favor of creationist views)

True.

In fact one of the major contributors to the Big Bang theory itself was a Catholic priest named Georges Lemaître. In fact the Catholic church officially embraced the conclusions drawn by the Big Bang theory shortly after it was officially shown to trump the old 'Steady State' theory in cosmology.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
True.

In fact one of the major contributors to the Big Bang theory itself was a Catholic priest named Georges Lemaître. In fact the Catholic church officially embraced the conclusions drawn by the Big Bang theory shortly after it was officially shown to trump the old 'Steady State' theory in cosmology.

Oddly enough one of the major reasons for the Steady State Theory was that many objected to the idea that there was a beginning to the universe, and smacked of Creationism.

Weird eh?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

Even with retarded ass fucks like this, I still support the voucher system. If people have issue with these schools, they should setup better schools and bring in more students and educate them the way they see fit. Not throw a hissy fit because people are doing shit they don't like. I hate that these retards are breeding more retards into our society, but it's better than being tyrannical ninnies.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Even with retarded ass fucks like this, I still support the voucher system. If people have issue with these schools, they should setup better schools and bring in more students and educate them the way they see fit. Not throw a hissy fit because people are doing shit they don't like. I hate that these retards are breeding more retards into our society, but it's better than being tyrannical ninnies.

privatizing education overall is stupid shit, lets add a profit motive and remove standards. Good private schools have always existed and people have paid to send their kids there.

Vouchers add literally nothing.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
privatizing education overall is stupid shit, lets add a profit motive and remove standards. Good private schools have always existed and people have paid to send their kids there.

Vouchers add literally nothing.

Money is allocated for children regardless for education, children are forced to have an education, why can't the parents be allowed to allocate the funds that were set aside for their child as they see fit? PS Voucher programs have worked EXCELLENTLY in places like Washington DC where they helped elevate the reading level of hundreds of students.

Absolutely people should have school choice and not be forced to have their children go to the school deemed acceptable by the State. The whole reason we have a bill of rights is to protect the individual from the State.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Money is allocated for children regardless for education, children are forced to have an education, why can't the parents be allowed to allocate the funds that were set aside for their child as they see fit? PS Voucher programs have worked EXCELLENTLY in places like Washington DC where they helped elevate the reading level of hundreds of students.

Absolutely people should have school choice and not be forced to have their children go to the school deemed acceptable by the State. The whole reason we have a bill of rights is to protect the individual from the State.

I'd love to see the voucher program details from DC, I suspect voucher for say 6k is given to private schools who charge 12k. You do have a choice, you can home school or send kids to private school.

What you want is tax money allocated for private eduction, so removing from the public pool funds to keep public schools operational in favor of dispersing that money accross private bsuiness.

What we end up with is worse pubic schools and a private education noone can afford who couldnt afford it already. this would also affect real estate dramatically as home values are tied via tax and substance to home locations and values.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I'd love to see the voucher program details from DC, I suspect voucher for say 6k is given to private schools who charge 12k. You do have a choice, you can home school or send kids to private school.

What you want is tax money allocated for private eduction, so removing from the public pool funds to keep public schools operational in favor of dispersing that money accross private bsuiness.

What we end up with is worse pubic schools and a private education noone can afford who couldnt afford it already. this would also affect real estate dramatically as home values are tied via tax and substance to home locations and values.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/14...larships-promise-to-fight-obamas-funding-cut/

Uh the money is tax money already assigned to the childs education, why should the State or you or I have any say as to what a parent does with their childs education? Fuck you nanny stater. I hate retards that teach stupid non-sense like this, but I also hate assfucks who think they know best and want to mandate everyone follow their lead.

Fact is voucher programs work. Sad thing is when you give people freedom some abuse it, it's better than having lack of freedom or none at all.

How do you feel about Public Charter Schools? You think those are ok? Might you do some reading on Prop 39 from here in Southern California. Everything has the ability to be corruptible.

Last edited:

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/14...larships-promise-to-fight-obamas-funding-cut/

Uh the money is tax money already assigned to the childs education, why should the State or you or I have any say as to what a parent does with their childs education? Fuck you nanny stater. I hate retards that teach stupid non-sense like this, but I also hate assfucks who think they know best and want to mandate everyone follow their lead.

Fact is voucher programs work. Sad thing is when you give people freedom some abuse it, it's better than having lack of freedom or none at all.

Fuck you back, you dont get to drag down the public eduction system because you are too stupid to understand the consequences of your actions.

You have choice Public School, Private school or home school.
Dimwits discount where education was in this country prior to the last 60 years, it was fucking awful. You want to take us back there and I won’t let you! So get fucked.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Fuck you back, you dont get to drag down the public eduction system because you are too stupid to understand the consequences of your actions.

You have choice Public School, Private school or home school.
Dimwits discount where education was in this country prior to the last 60 years, it was fucking awful. You want to take us back there and I won’t let you! So get fucked.

Not everyone has that choice dip shit and the money was ALREADY PUT ASIDE FOR THE CHILD . If Public schools can't do a good enough job, then fuck them starve them of money. Waah government needs money to function, how about government has to fucking function in order to get our money? Tool bag wannabe slave owner. that's all you are.

Both of you are going way overboard with the personal attacks, please knock it off.

Rainsford, P&N Mod

Last edited by a moderator: