Local politician ejected from hockey game

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Lawls. Hey at least no one got hurt.

http://www.timminspress.com/2016/11...ed+game+|+Timmins+Press#.WDuHckgJtLQ.facebook

During the game between the Timmins Rock and the Powassan Voodoos, Lever began heckling the visiting team from his seat behind their bench. He then left his seat and climbed on the glass of the Powassan bench to look down on the players inside while continuing to heckle them. He also climbed up on the glass of a penalty box.

After being told to settle down by game referees and others, event security were sent down to speak with Lever apparently to convince him to leave the game.

When he wouldn’t leave, members of the Timmins Police Service were called in to deal with him. A tussle ensued as they tried to remove him from his chair and some people in the crowd of more than 1,000 people inside the arena began to sing “nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye.”

The game was part of the Hometown Hockey Tour and was being filmed by a television crew for national broadcast.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
:D

They'll have to edit that part out. The Bloopers might make the News though.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Guaranteed he wins the next election too. You guys do have elections in Canuckistan don't you? I mean you don't just automatically appoint the person with the least amount of fingering polar bears videos in their collection like everyone says right?

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I love Canadian Junior hockey fans. They are an entertaining bunch. We like to have fun with them when they come to Flint to play our Firebirds. Accidently dump Popcorn on the most annoying horn blowers and cowbell ringers. ;) Just mapped Timmins. Wow Timmins is way up in Northern Ontario. That is a nice hike even from Sudbury which is about as far as I would be willing to drive to watch my OHL team play and only if it was a playoff game. I could fly there but even the quickest flight from Flint to Timmins only saves 2.5 hours off the drive time most flights take much more time than that.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I love Canadian Junior hockey fans. They are an entertaining bunch. We like to have fun with them when they come to Flint to play our Firebirds. Accidently dump Popcorn on the most annoying horn blowers and cowbell ringers. ;) Just mapped Timmins. Wow Timmins is way up in Northern Ontario. That is a nice hike even from Sudbury which is about as far as I would be willing to drive to watch my OHL team play and only if it was a playoff game. I could fly there but even the quickest flight from Flint to Timmins only saves 2.5 hours off the drive time most flights take much more time than that.

Yeah it's at least a 11 hour drive for me to get up there when i'm home...long drive to nowhere ;)

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Don't worry 'bout us
We always look to you 'mericans for role models

Better to have sex then to be responsible for over 3000 americans and close to 100K civilians in a fake war, And yes I know P&N is over that way --->

Last edited:

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Better to have sex then to responsible for over 3000 americans and close to 100K civilians in a fake war, And yes I know P&N is over that way --->

I know right? And they are all like Trump is going to be GWB version II. Umm how about no? Trump is no war hawk unlike Hilarious Clinton. Now which way is P&N again? I got lost. I mashed the tab key but the map isn't showing up. Waaahhh *sob* All I wanted was a friggin map! Everyone thought I said nap and sent me pillows and blankets instead.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Guaranteed he wins the next election too. You guys do have elections in Canuckistan don't you? I mean you don't just automatically appoint the person with the least amount of fingering polar bears videos in their collection like everyone says right?

Haha would not be surprised. you know that clown problem? Well here the clowns come from city hall. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I know right? And they are all like Trump is going to be GWB version II. Umm how about no? Trump is no war hawk unlike Hilarious Clinton. Now which way is P&N again? I got lost. I mashed the tab key but the map isn't showing up. Waaahhh *sob* All I wanted was a friggin map! Everyone thought I said nap and sent me pillows and blankets instead.

I have my map key set to alt + F4. :p

*disappoint has left the game

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah...as much as I'd love to point and laugh at goofy Canuck politicians...being American, I can't. We have our fair share of goofy...and goofier. I'm sure The Donald will provide us with lots of things to point at and laugh...or shake our heads in dismay.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Real men portage to Timmins :colbert:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have flawn from Toronto to Thunder Bay to meet some people from Kenora.

I went to Thunder Bay for business reasons a few years back, funny thing is, you still have to fly to Toronto first. That was a fun trip though. Porter FTW. It used to cost over a grand to fly to Toronto from here. I have yet to need to go for personal reasons but next time I will fly. (used to take bus/train before 12+ hour trip) Could drive, but screw driving in that traffic. Rather pay somebody else to do it. :p

Funny thing is Timmins is maybe half way to "up north". It gets interesting if you want to go to places like Moosonee or Attawapiskat. Were were going, we don't need roads... lol

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Yeah...as much as I'd love to point and laugh at goofy Canuck politicians...being American, I can't. We have our fair share of goofy...and goofier. I'm sure The Donald will provide us with lots of things to point at and laugh...or shake our heads in dismay.

Yeah, although these antics may appear similar to those of American sports enthusiasts , one difference is that the Canadian loony did not drive his car through the stadium running over the opposing team or pull a gun and start blowing them away. If there are enough games played down south, it may well come to that.