Local news station names and shames its own reporter for DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I just kind of laughed as I was just watching the 10pm news here a few minutes ago when they're going over the stories for the day. They sort of slid in there, but made it a point at the same time, to name and shame one of their own reporters that got arrested for a DUI earlier in the morning.

I thought it was sort of cool, sad and funny all at the same time. I got my wife's attention since she wasn't really paying attention, and her expression turned from confusion to a slack jaw after she realized what was going on... she too thought it was odd that that station was running a story on its own reporter, on the air.

Just figured I'd share since I've never seen anything like this before.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Did you DVR it? At least upload a cell phone video to YouTube. :colbert:

Nope I was kinda wishing I did now.

It was a pretty mundane spot... but still, they explicitly went out of their way to put up his mug and run his DUI on the air on what wasn't exactly a slow news day.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
It's local news. They will do anything if it "generates buzz" or makes them appear relevant.

Actually that isn't much different from national news... I guess the difference is local news is more desperate and pathetic because they have to prove they aren't a bunch of B and C-listers on a second rate budget, even though they normally are.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
That's pretty cool of them to do that. Better than sweeping it under the rug, as if that behavior is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.