LMAO...new movie called "Willard" with all the mice/rats??

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
OMG that commercial/trailer on TV made me crack up. It's got R. Lee Ermey in it and that butt-kicking tall dude from Charlie's Angels (Crispin Glover; he also played George McFly in BTTF).

But thing that made me crack up is that they were playing an old Jackson 5 song in the background...but what's makes it funny is that Michael Jackson used to have a pet rat when he was a kid that he used to play with. I just burst into uncontrollable laughter after that. :p

Jan 31, 2002
Hehe .. I'm waiting for that. RossMAN showed me the ad awhile back in some thread (I forget, break out the search!)

I want an unholy army of my own now. :(

- M4H

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: NFS4
OMG that commercial/trailer on TV made me crack up. It's got R. Lee Ermey in it and that butt-kicking tall dude from Charlie's Angels (Crispin Glover; he also played George McFly in BTTF).

But thing that made me crack up is that they were playing an old Jackson 5 song in the background...but what's makes it funny is that Michael Jackson used to have a pet rat when he was a kid that he used to play with. I just burst into uncontrollable laughter after that. :p

It's not a new movie, it's remake of the 1971 film of the same name. Michael jackson did a song for the soundtrack of the sequel, titled "Ben", about the main "character", a black rat who was also raised by Willard from the first movie.

Willard (1971)
Ben (1972)

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
I was wondering why he looked familar but couldnt place it. Tall guy from Charlie's Angel and McFly from Back to the Future. :)

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: slick230

It's not a new movie, it's remake of the 1971 film of the same name. Michael jackson did a song for the soundtrack of the sequel, titled "Ben", about the main "character", a black rat who was also raised by Willard from the first movie.

Willard (1971)
Ben (1972)

Bing. Bing. Bing. We have a winner. :)

oh, and McFly, McFly. lol :D

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Linux23

Willard (1971)
Ben (1972)

Bing. Bing. Bing. We have a winner. :)

oh, and McFly, McFly. lol :D

Yeah, but MJ did have two mice as he was growing up :p They were in the Jackson 5 cartoon as well :)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
A rat attack flick?? Next we'll have to endure another "ratboy" remake.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

Willard (1971)
Ben (1972)

Beat me to it. "Willard" has been around for quite some time. :)

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
NFS4:

just pointing out the veracity of his findings, that's all.

I thought it was some live action Pied Piper flick.:p

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Woah, now i know i am getting a little drunk. replying to myself.:eek:

LMAO!!! :D Arguing with yourself, now? :D Time to hit the hay, my friend. :) (I've been there man.....)

3L33T32003

Banned
Jan 30, 2003

You are kidding...you know this movie is a remake, right, and that Jackson did the song for the original movie?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 3L33T32003

You are kidding...you know this movie is a remake, right, and that Jackson did the song for the original movie?

I'm sorry, I was born in the 80's. I don't know old movies that well unless it's the Godfather Part I, Godfather Part II and James Bond:p

1) This is a NEW movie...sure it's a remake but THIS movie has never been seen before. New cast, new intracisies. The recent's Ocean's 11 isn't the same as the original.
2) My reason for cracking up over the trailer was of my knowledge of Michael Jackson, that song (which I knew of as a child, but not that it was for a movie), and his two pet mice. It had nothing to do with the original movies b/c I did not know of them.

Nov 17, 2001
Originally posted by: lupohki
Reminds me of the Rat King from TMNT.

The rat king was so hardcore. He had a crazy sewer assault vehicle in the game TMNT: Turtles in Time, but he was probably the easiest boss in the game. He was a really cool character for the show, not quite sure which character was the best. Casey Jones was funny.... a dude in a hockey mask. Krang... the flying brain. So much to think about.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 3L33T32003
nm

go here before you post about movies...

I know what IMDB is. What's your point? Are you pitching a hissy fit over this?;)

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think I remember reading a book titled "Willard" back when I was in high school. As interesting as the movie seems, I'll put my money towards Dreamcatcher when it comes out in two weeks.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DukeOfAnandTech
Originally posted by: lupohki
Reminds me of the Rat King from TMNT.

The rat king was so hardcore. He had a crazy sewer assault vehicle in the game TMNT: Turtles in Time, but he was probably the easiest boss in the game. He was a really cool character for the show, not quite sure which character was the best. Casey Jones was funny.... a dude in a hockey mask. Krang... the flying brain. So much to think about.

The Rat King was awesome. But no one beats Krang though:p