Living paycheck to paycheck?

necine

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2005
I'm in my college days, and I'm definitely not. I manage my money quite well.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Luckily no. I've been able to save a little bit every check and so I have enough to live for atleast a year if I should lose my job.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: minendo
Definitely not. Living paycheck to paycheck was my college days.

I am in college and I am not even doing that. With whats in the bank right now and if I scrimped I could prolly go about 2 months without a Job. But I dont have many expenses.Thankfully I do have a job cause the ladies be expensive.

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
We are not saving much. It's tough with one income and two kids. ( and the comfort level we have become accustomed to.)

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: eigen
Originally posted by: minendo
Definitely not. Living paycheck to paycheck was my college days.

I am in college and I am not even doing that. With whats in the bank right now and if I scrimped I could prolly go about 2 months without a Job. But I dont have many expenses.Thankfully I do have a job cause the ladies be expensive.

In college I considered myself living paycheck to paycheck simply because I would never dip into savings. I always had at least 6 months of living expenses in savings. Now I even have more.

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
I think my econ teacher is full of shit.

Him: "most people live paycheck to paycheck."

Honestly, he said it just like that. I was like, uh, are you sure?

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Blazin Trav

A lot of people I work with do.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

He may not be full of it.

Look at the rampant debt in this country. If a person has 40K in credit card debt and 10K in savings, he may not be living paycheck to paycheck but he's not exactly in a good situation either.

Also, consider that this thread is going to be skewed. Most people that live paycheck to paycheck will not be comfortable posting that in this thread where people are bragging that they have savings.

As for me, I could get by a few months without working if necessary but I still consider myself living paycheck to paycheck because I am not out of debt. I do have some savings but not enough to clear my debt at the moment.

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by: DAGTA

He may not be full of it.

Look at the rampant debt in this country. If a person has 40K in credit card debt and 10K in savings, he may not be living paycheck to paycheck but he's not exactly in a good situation either.

Also, consider that this thread is going to be skewed. Most people that live paycheck to paycheck will not be comfortable posting that in this thread where people are bragging that they have savings.

As for me, I could get by a few months without working if necessary but I still consider myself living paycheck to paycheck because I am not out of debt. I do have some savings but not enough to clear my debt at the moment.

Touche.