Liver and Onions - Yummy!

Feisters

Oct 9, 1999
Man, I just finished off a heapin' helpin' of liver smothered in onions! It's been my experience that there are only two types of people: those who love L&O's, and those who gag at the thought of it.

My fave: Veal liver fried in bacon grease (pork fat rules!) smothered with beer sautéed onions. Mmm...

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
I'd much rather have a grilled onion bagel with chive cream cheese and a slab of liverwurst on it... dee-lish!

Phalkon

Banned
Aug 20, 2000
"Triple Decker Chili Chutney Fried Egg Sandwich" - Lister
"IT FEELS LIKE I'M HAVING A BABY" - Rimmer

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
don't like liver, but onions are great... i'll take a full rack of The Outback's baby back ribs any day

Feisters

Oct 9, 1999
Chooie, that sounds good! Have you tried it with Limburger cheese spread washed down with a Becks?

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
ewwww....liver...even though i've never tried it...just the thought....ewwww....

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Feisters... always jumping up a notch in my book....

I was considering a "Chet Atkins is a national treasure" thread - and then didn't - because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life explaining who he is....

or that Eddie VanHalen wouldn't have risen to where he did without him... etc. etc.

L&O!!!! yeah!

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

FEISTERS

Liver and onions, always liked it even when a kid.

Liverwurst and raw onion sandwiches, oh boy.

<<My fave: Veal liver fried in bacon grease (pork fat rules!) smothered with beer>>

Above sounds like me. I always say &quot;If it aint pork (ribs) ribs, it aint BBQ&quot; Like beef ribs too but just not as much

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Ewww I hate liver! I thought it was beef one day at a friends house then I was like what the hell! :disgust: :confused:

Feisters

Oct 9, 1999
Mmm . . . liver in any form: beef liver and onions, liverwurst w/ raw onion, foie gras, pat&eacute;, liver, liver, liver! Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Fava beans and Chianti to boot!!! :D

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Liver is nasty. It always looks like it would taste good, especially with onions. But I can't get over the texture. It just turns my stomach. But it looks and smells good. Very frustrating.

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
i consider myself bineg very tolerant for most kind of eatery but internal organs are big no no in my book, and liver is no exception :disgust: