Listen To A Comcast Rep Torture Customers Trying To Cancel (audio)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Im canceling Comcast soon... God help me if I have to deal with this BS.

Pack up all your gear, go to the closet Comcast location, cancel in person. Keep the receipt for returning the gear or you may be sorry.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Pack up all your gear, go to the closet Comcast location, cancel in person. Keep the receipt for returning the gear or you may be sorry.

Hey, now that is not a bad idea.. shoot I may do that next time. LOL

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008

I can do this?!?!?!?

I live 5 mins away from one. However, will they be able to take care of all the billing stuff? Only time I've gone in there is to get a modem/DVR replaced. I wasn't aware they did customer account stuff.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I can do this?!?!?!?

I live 5 mins away from one. However, will they be able to take care of all the billing stuff? Only time I've gone in there is to get a modem/DVR replaced. I wasn't aware they did customer account stuff.

They should be able to help you out. Not all the locations are equal, so I guess YMMV. But I would try this first, it's how I canceled with Charter and Comcast in the past.

Charter tried to say I didn't return my gear, so when I faxed them a copy of hte receipt they stfu. Since all Telco's bascially play the same games, I brought it up. Charter also tried to justify billing me for 3 months after I returned the gear and canceled by saying "you still have our gear so you're obviously using it", to which I said "no, I don't....here's my receipt for returning my equipment, by the way I've filed a complaint with the BBB to which you're an accredited member and must respond."

Charter ended up dropping the additional billing and sent me a check for $.06 (6 cents), then hounded me for 2 years to cash it...which I never did. Total assholes.

It's good that it's close to you. Closest Comcast site to me is just over 20 miles away.

Last edited:

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I can do this?!?!?!?

Charter did that for me, no hassle. Cable companies tend to have entire retention departments and Comcrap usually has the most aggressive reps within it. Not surprised by this call.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Well ironically Ryan is VP at AOL.

Oh guess I didn't read the story, just listened to the audio, I don't really like the Huff-Po format.

VP at AOL got what was coming to him, I used to have to wait on hold with them for an hour to talk to someone. ~1996/7 time frame.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
They should be able to help you out. Not all the locations are equal, so I guess YMMV. But I would try this first, it's how I canceled with Charter and Comcast in the past.

Charter tried to say I didn't return my gear, so when I faxed them a copy of hte receipt they stfu. Since all Telco's bascially play the same games, I brought it up. Charter also tried to justify billing me for 3 months after I returned the gear and canceled by saying "you still have our gear so you're obviously using it", to which I said "no, I don't....here's my receipt for returning my equipment, by the way I've filed a complaint with the BBB to which you're an accredited member and must respond."

Charter ended up dropping the additional billing and sent me a check for $.06 (6 cents), then hounded me for 2 years to cash it...which I never did. Total assholes.

It's good that it's close to you. Closest Comcast site to me is just over 20 miles away.

Awesome! thank you so much for that info, I wil try this after work tomorrow.

My problem is, I have that stupid 2 yr contract with them that I agreed to in order to lock in a rate. I want out of that package, and just straight up internet. I feel like they will hassle the shit out of me and make me pay a cancellation fee in order to do this...Which I don't want to pay. However, if I could get my bill from the $163 a month right now to like.. $60 a month, I think the cancellation fee pauy off period would be like 2-3 months. Worth it I suppose. Although at that rate, I'd tell them to fvck themselves and cancel everything out right and switch to AT&T or something.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Let us know how it goes

fwiw:

I have Comcast Internet (was getting 50/5, now it tests 100/10)and Basic Cable, no modem lease (motorola SB6120). my bill is $83 per month. Netlix +$8, Amazon Price +7, entertainment bill is under $100.

They'll call you once in a while offering a triple play for like $125, I just politely refuse.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Let us know how it goes

fwiw:

I have Comcast Internet (was getting 50/5, now it tests 100/10)and Basic Cable, no modem lease (motorola SB6120). my bill is $83 per month. Netlix +$8, Amazon Price +7, entertainment bill is under $100.

They'll call you once in a while offering a triple play for like $125, I just politely refuse.

That's pretty much all I want.

I'll site you as a customer from (state/location) told me their rate.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I cut the chord on my cable TV a long while back but still have my internet service with Comcast. This is the crap I have had to deal with and this guy was way too nice. I am very blunt and get really curt and start cursing with the reps when they do this with me. The audio will make your head hurt..lol

why would you cut a line off a circle?

cyclohexane

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2005
paying for cable is such bullshit.

Too many things on the internet to keep you entertained, why watch TV?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
How can a customer be that calm and put up with it for 8 minutes?
I hadn't even listened to it, but saw it earlier and it was more like 20 minutes.

He didn't start recording till halfway through the call.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
13696-11056_zps687884a0.jpg

"Why do you want to quit Comcast!?! okay! okay! okay! You want to quit Comcast!?! okay! why!?!
okay! okay! okay!"