Lions Suck...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

venk

Banned
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: meltdown75
Originally posted by: Turkey22
While the lions do suck right now, it's not for the reason most people say (ie Harrington). Harrington is not a pro bowl qb, but is still better than average, and quite a bit better than Garcia. The main reason he looked so bad yesterday is the horrendous offensive line the lions have. The sad thing is Butler isn't the entire problem Demulling who was brought in from Indy is playing like crap as is Raiola. Backus is even getting beat way too often. It's actually kinda like what happened in the Green Bay game, the lions d-line was ripping through the new guards for GB and making Favre look bad.

Anyone who watched the game also saw Roy Williams run the wrong route in the endzone on one of the picks, and saw the bs flag on Mike Williams on the long completion. Also notice how Kevin Jones didnt do much of anything that game.

Not to mention during the first half it wasn't the offense that gave up 31 points (only 7). The "vaunted" Bear rushing attack ran through the lions like swiss cheese and let a rookie qb sit back and pick them apart during the first half. Don't forget the return for a touchdown that the special teams gave up too. All lions equally sucked yesterday some are just more visible to the average fan than others.
i pretty much agree with your whole post, except Joey has never proved to me that he deserves to be a starting QB in this league. they have given him way too much time to develop - he doesn't have it. i know what you're saying about the O-line but if the pocket collapses a few feet, your QB should have the mobility and presence to get the hell out of there, throw it away, or just do something other than get sacked or throw up a gift.

Millen is too proud to admit he completely sh1t the bed when he picked Joey Blue Skies. yesterday i definitely would have given Orlovsky a few snaps too - I was surprised to not see him. they should be looking for a free agent QB - and quick. seriously - if Joey gets hurt, they're fscked even more.

Joey is terrible. I used to be on the fence about him, but now i'm strictly in the JoeyBasher group. He is worse than Scott Mitchell and that is saying something. He brings nothing to the team, no talent, no leadership, no direction, nothing. He is the third worst starting QB in the league only ahead of Boller (who is almost the exact same QB as harrington) and whatever abomination Joe Gibbs rolls out behind center in Washington.

I would rather have Gus Ferrotte (again) or Trent Dilfer right now.