Lindt 70% dark chocolate bar

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Boy that was good. Loaded with antioxidents and no milk (lactose intollerant).

Only thing was it was kind of expensive: $1.79 for 3.5oz.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Wag
Boy that was good. Loaded with antioxidents and no milk (lactose intollerant).

Only thing was it was kind of expensive: $1.79 for 3.5oz.

So you feel those antioxidants working, or what?

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Wag
Originally posted by: Coquito
How about some 80% then? :)
Actually they do have 85%but my store didn't have it.

I see a 99% bar as well on there. They've been updating. :)

Now I just need to find those white chocolate, orange, coconut bars they use to sell.
As well as the hot fudge sauce.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: CoquitoI see a 99% bar as well on there. They've been updating. :)

Now I just need to find those white chocolate, orange, coconut bars they use to sell.
As well as the hot fudge sauce.
Thanks for pointing out the 99% bar. I think I'm going to have to really search for that one locally. Trader Joe's carries some premium chocolates, I'll see what they have.

I love the caption for the 99% bar
Excellence 99% Cocoa is a unique chocolate that reveals all the strength and richness of cocoa beans. To fully appreciate its flavor and texture, we recommend that you progressively develop your palate through our range of high cocoa content chocolate bars, starting with Excellence 70% coca, then 85% and finally 99% Cocoa. To best experience Excellence 99% Cocoa, taste a small piece and let it melt in your mouth. You can accompany your tasting with a coffee to help bring out the bouquet of cocoa.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Mark R
sweet?

More like bitter.
Not really. It's not baking chocolate, it's meant for eating. The 70% sort of tasted like the chocalate used for Rasinets.

darthsidious

Jul 13, 2005
The 70% is a good bar, but the 85% is much better, imo. You should try it.

BTW, trivia note: Although Lindt is a Swiss company, their Excellence range of chocolates is made in France. Go Figure.

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
How much does a 99% bar cost? Make it sound like its going to be uber-expensive.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Aflac
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
I hate dark chocolate. Looks like I'm alone.

You're supposed to bake with it, not eat it. :p

- M4H

Really? Does it taste any better baked?

"Better" is subjective - if you mean sweeter, then no.

There's a certain crossing-over point between the "youthful" chocolate - where you eat a chocolate bar, pieces of broken-up milk chocolate, etc - and the "snooty, uppity, we will savour it one small square at a time while drinking chardonnay and discussing the latest issue of the New Yorker" chocolates. :D

- M4H

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
You are not alone. I also hate dark chocolate.

But, I KNOW for a fact that I'm alone. I can barely even tolerate the bitterness of milk chocolate. I'll eat milk chocolate if it has something with it like peanut butter to cover up the chocolate taste. The darker you go from there, the more I want to gag. I also can't stand the intensely bitter soapy taste of cilantro or the bitter dirt taste of mushrooms. I think I'm just hypersensitive to bitterness. My palate is so overdeveloped, that I can taste all these flavors that most others cannot taste.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: dullard
You are not alone. I also hate dark chocolate.

But, I KNOW for a fact that I'm alone. I can barely even tolerate the bitterness of milk chocolate. I'll eat milk chocolate if it has something with it like peanut butter to cover up the chocolate taste. The darker you go from there, the more I want to gag. I also can't stand the intensely bitter soapy taste of cilantro or the bitter dirt taste of mushrooms. I think I'm just hypersensitive to bitterness. My palate is so overdeveloped, that I can taste all these flavors that most others cannot taste.

I agree on cilantro and mushrooms, but not chocolate.