Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
"What happened, Republicans?

When did we get so bitter? When did we get so cynical? When did we turn our backs on science, embrace conspiracy theories, and abandon our values of kindness and generosity?

Donald Trump and Trumpism have completely warped the Republican Party’s ideals and values, so much so that the party of Lincoln is now unrecognizable even from three years ago.

To help showcase how far we’ve fallen, The Lincoln Project has enlisted the help of Hollywood heavyweights—Director Jon Turteltaub and actor Stephen Root—to star in our first short film."

Wake Up.
Wait. What year is it? Who's president?

When you let the fucking christians take over, and you've got no fucking excuse because you were warned repeatedly.

He said it like a hundred times.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
A new challenger appears!

God damn these are good.

That is classic. I chuckle because emotionally I have to think we are in some dreamscape and when I awake from this comma this Orange stain will be removed. Therefore my coping mechanism is in over drive, laughter.

Dec 10, 2005
I appreciate the ads, but I'm still deeply bothered by Republicans' lack of taking responsibility for creating the electoral environment that led to a demagogue like Trump. It's not like Trump appeared overnight - the environment was nurtured by many of the people who claim to be anti-Trump (both now and in 2016)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That is classic. I chuckle because emotionally I have to think we are in some dreamscape and when I awake from this comma this Orange stain will be removed. Therefore my coping mechanism is in over drive, laughter.
Loved the God Bless you America, except Chicago and Portland, at the end. :D

Reactions: soundforbjt

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
God damn these are good.
A snowball's chance though that any Trumptards actually watched to any of that, though. Because you know, they may not believe in science and vaccines anymore, but they've sure immunized themselves against facts and reason.

Anything that's bad about Dumpy is fake news (even things he said himself.) It really is that simple.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I almost felt bad for him there for a second.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA not!

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Updated the last three newest videos

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
A new challenger appears!

God damn these are good.

The Honest Government Ads series is quite good. It's mostly based on Australian politics but the themes apply to a lot of modern and Western governments. Worth going through them.

Reactions: Paratus

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Man, republicans are so much better than democrats at burning down a candidate. Maybe the DNC should hire some of them...

Feb 4, 2009
Man, republicans are so much better than democrats at burning down a candidate. Maybe the DNC should hire some of them...

I have been saying this since “when they go low we go high” time.
Sorry Michelle that sucks and it is something you tell a small kid to do until either Dad tells them or they learn they way to deal with a bully is punch them in the face.

Reactions: cytg111

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I have been saying this since “when they go low we go high” time.
Sorry Michelle that sucks and it is something you tell a small kid to do until either Dad tells them or they learn they way to deal with a bully is punch them in the face.
Yeah, I've finally done a 180 on this topic. I didn't want to be like 'them', but dang it, we've got to make sure we win! I really want Joe to get at least a 55-45 delta on the win, then he should have good coattails.

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah, I've finally done a 180 on this topic. I didn't want to be like 'them', but dang it, we've got to make sure we win! I really want Joe to get at least a 55-45 delta on the win, then he should have good coattails.
I remember bickering with @fskimospy about this, I believe he has moved on the issue too. That’s fine, to win one has to evaluate their process especially when that process resulted in a loss.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Why aren't Democrats, political pundits, and the Lincoln project hammering the electoral college to do what the founding fathers intended them to do, to protect our democracy from a person just like trump?

Sure, the Republican members of the electoral college won't be giving up their vote for trump (although, I suspect we will see more Republican EC members not vote for biden despite the vote totals) but for everyone else not beholden to trump, they have every justification to not vote for trump no matter what the outcome is at the state level.

Why are we not appealing to the EC to do what's right for our democracy?

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Why aren't Democrats, political pundits, and the Lincoln project hammering the electoral college to do what the founding fathers intended them to do, to protect our democracy from a person just like trump?

Sure, the Republican members of the electoral college won't be giving up their vote for trump (although, I suspect we will see more Republican EC members not vote for biden despite the vote totals) but for everyone else not beholden to trump, they have every justification to not vote for trump no matter what the outcome is at the state level.

Why are we not appealing to the EC to do what's right for our democracy?
They want Trump out but they need to keep their secret "winner tools" in place when they field a candidate that isn't going to burn down the economy (and piss off their corporate puppet masters). The only way they win ever again is the EC. They know it. Right now, they are Machiavli and going with the "enemy of my enemy is my friend." Once Trump is out, they get to revert to 2008 and work to subvert, but not destroy.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Moms
8-2-20

I just found out my mom made a 5 digit donation to TLP after watching that one. And she had already donated when I first asked her to check them out. She just continues to surprise me during these fascist, unstable times. Voted for McCain and Romney, didn't like Obama at all, voted for Hillary under duress. And now Il Douche is her sworn enemy. I told her I am so proud to have an American mother.

• Love
Reactions: TeeJay1952