Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
"Person woman man camera tv" are the five words he was asked to remember for his dementia test. He's very proud.
Oh, what a surprise they even rigged that part in his favor. Person man woman, 3 related words and camera TV two of the things Trump cares about most in his life. Let's see him try it with 5 random words.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
"Person woman man camera tv" are the five words he was asked to remember for his dementia test. He's very proud.
That's the ACTUAL words they used on him? I assumed he struggled to make up five words during the interview as an example of how the test went, but he was struggling to recall what he'd been previously programmed to regurgitate? Hah. Explains a thing or two. (I should have realized Dumpy could never have made up five words by himself and then remembered them later...)

Like with every "success" in Dumpy's life, it was rigged. They gave him a mnemonic to remember, and then since he has TV on his brain they tacked on camera, TV at the end. Wow, five totally random words, such a fantastic test. Just the bestest.

Then again, I'm not sure I could remember five totally random words for any length of time either. But then again, I'm not trusted with the nuclear football, so that's my excuse... ;)

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
More goodies.
And .. god to honest truth from start to end, maybe, especially the end.

Feb 4, 2009
More goodies.
And .. god to honest truth from start to end, maybe, especially the end.

Maybe....still a great ad

I’m thinking Trump wants to be and wants the world to have royal dynasties again
He won’t insult her because she has money

Reactions: FaaR

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It's go no go test for if you can put your own pants on in the morning. That's it.
I hope there is a difference between 'being able to' vs. 'wanting to put on pants'.

I actually had to put on 'hard pants' last week for a dentist appointment. You know, belt, things in the pockets, all quite uncomfortable after months of sweats, shorts, or sans pants.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like the Trump campaign is completely ceding the HOR. Kevin McCarthy is getting the cold shoulder from Jared. Apparently he has veto power over the actual RNC. I mean what can possibly go wrong with their logic?

Reactions: soundforbjt

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Looks like the Trump campaign is completely ceding the HOR. Kevin McCarthy is getting the cold shoulder from Jared. Apparently he has veto power over the actual RNC. I mean what can possibly go wrong with their logic?

LOL what makes the story so delicious is that they are not providing RNC money for house races so they can use it to help Trump. Of course. Didn't the repugs already know this would happen?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
7-28-20
Memories

7-29-20
Trump Stooge

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
the republican party has always been good at emotional manipulation, but they're taking it to a whole new level.
Did they get Spielberg to produce these?

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
lol Stooge clip... "Time for Susan Collins to go." ROFL

Yeah, time to go, creeping fascism-enablers.

Feb 4, 2009
lol Stooge clip... "Time for Susan Collins to go." ROFL

Yeah, time to go, creeping fascism-enablers.

I was in Maine last week, most powerful ad to me was one where it said “Maine needs an independent voice” then goes into the shitty Trump stuff she supported & her I hope the President won’t....
Picks up again saying “Susan Collins was an independent voice but she hasn’t been in too long, time for someone new”
Ends with Susan’s disapproving face.

One ad I can’t understand was against Sudan’s opponent. Basically the ad said opponent x was against the small business loans and her husband/brother/father got one of the small business loans and misused the money.
I am assume candidate x was against the loans because there were too few strings attached. Sort of proves her right.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
LOL what makes the story so delicious is that they are not providing RNC money for house races so they can use it to help Trump. Of course. Didn't the repugs already know this would happen?
Rule one. Never let a Trump see that you have a pile of cash.

• Haha
Reactions: soundforbjt

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
"What happened, Republicans?

When did we get so bitter? When did we get so cynical? When did we turn our backs on science, embrace conspiracy theories, and abandon our values of kindness and generosity?

Donald Trump and Trumpism have completely warped the Republican Party’s ideals and values, so much so that the party of Lincoln is now unrecognizable even from three years ago.

To help showcase how far we’ve fallen, The Lincoln Project has enlisted the help of Hollywood heavyweights—Director Jon Turteltaub and actor Stephen Root—to star in our first short film."

Wake Up.
Wait. What year is it? Who's president?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Wake Up.

When did we get so bitter? When did we get so cynical? When did we turn our backs on science, embrace conspiracy theories, and abandon our values of kindness and generosity?

Donald Trump and Trumpism have completely warped the Republican Party’s ideals and values, so much so that the party of Lincoln is now unrecognizable even from three years ago.

To help showcase how far we’ve fallen, The Lincoln Project has enlisted the help of Hollywood heavyweights—Director Jon Turteltaub and actor Stephen Root—to star in our first short film."

Ok... The Lincoln Project outdoes themselves on this one. best ad so far IMO. Donated. It’s longer than their usual offering, but they did have 3.5 years to cover. Unfortunately, the people that need to hear their message likely aren’t listening.

Reactions: cytg111
Feb 4, 2009
Ok... The Lincoln Project outdoes themselves on this one. best ad so far IMO. Donated. It’s longer than their usual offering, but they did have 3.5 years to cover. Unfortunately, the people that need to hear their message likely aren’t listening.

This is more of a "fun" ad to get donations, far too long to be a real ad.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

They need to play it on Fox News, OANN and the other station Trump likes.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Wow do they act fast:

They do act fast. Not that there is not daily materials available to create these spots. It’s one of the gifts of this administration of gifters, err grifters.

Wake Up.

This made me laugh. They are spot on. This is an appeal for donations, it is to savvy for most audiences.