Limit concurrent logins - Active Directory

coughtryb

Oct 21, 2004
I've done a ton of research and found nothing....
Is there a way, in Active Directory, without downloading 3rd party tools or hacks, to limit concurrent logons? My users have mandatory roaming profiles and I'm trying to force them to only be able to log on one computer at a time. Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks again friends!
Ben

coughtryb

Oct 21, 2004
Yeah, I've looked through those. They seem to require a web based server service, a client portion on each workstation, and extra logon / off scripts. I'd think MS had to have come up with a better way to do this, but maybe I'm putting too much faith in them? lol

I'm not looking to monitor any activity, I just want to stop my users from logging on multiple machines simultaneously.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Last time I checked, there was no integral way to do this (at least as far as I could discover). All of the solutions I found required a client utility and scripts.

I personally like NetWare integration... it seems to easily handle all of the little "annoyances" that Active Directory doesn't natively take care of.

RebateMonger

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2005
When I was looking at UseNet posts on this topic, I THOUGHT I saw a fairly simple way to limit logons to ONE.