Limbaugh: Women who receive contraceptives should have to post sex vids online

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Also, if people shouldn't be allowed to "advance their agenda" by appealing to Congress, then what the hell did you think was the point of creating a Congress?

Why do you even give a dick about this country if you don't agree with its most fundamental tenets?
:confused:

Did I say I have a problem with Sandra Fluke and her testifying in Congress? I don't believe so. What I have problem with is the underlying issue. Let's see if if I get this right, the Obamacare that requires insurance plan to cover for, specifically women's, birth control as preventive care. And that escalated to the debate for religious group/organization to opt out and that led to the counter attack by Pelosi, asking Fluke to testify on Georgetown's (a Jesuit University) lack of coverage.

So tell me that's not the issue? And tell me why women's BC is health issue and man's not. I would say many more man use condom to prevent sexually transmitted disease than BC reason, but do we all get free condom? Should we ask?

Why is this BC, specifically woman's BC is such a big deal? Tell me that's not feminist movement behind it to get more rights, more free government care/money for certain special interest group.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not even going to bother reading through this thread. Bottom line is anyone who attempts to rationalize Rush's statements has major problems dealing with women in the current world and needs to either check into a retirement home or die.

Fucking angry old white men. I'm a 57 year old anglo saxon liberated male. So don't even go there.

Republican party must be left with nothing but WORMS (white old rural male southerners). Oh yea, southern isn't just a location , it's a state o'mind.

I am am glad that the GOP has turned their hate toward women now they are soon going to run out of things to be pissed about. I mean I guess they aren't aware of the old axiom "Never piss off a woman because they NEVER forget."

:D

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
This is one of the many things I hate about the national health care plan. Why not cover contraceptives or birth control? Why should women (or men for that matter) not be able to get the same level (or better) coverage available with current health care plans? Isn't that the point of such health care, in addition to covering more people?

You know, it's sad that many successful business people have turned much of the country against them and they values because of greed. I don't believe their greed should reflect an entire party they are affiliated with, but in many people's minds, it does.

Greed (doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies) is what got us national health care, and national health care got us Miss Fuke going before Congress for what I consider a private matter.

Like it or not, money is still what makes the world go round. Obama's national health care plan doesn't have some magic wand that will change that.

As for Rush, he said something derogatory, just like others before him. And he apologized, just like others before him. That's good enough for me.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is one of the many things I hate about the national health care plan. Why not cover contraceptives or birth control? Why should women (or men for that matter) not be able to get the same level (or better) coverage available with current health care plans? Isn't that the point of such health care, in addition to covering more people?

You know, it's sad that many successful business people have turned much of the country against them and they values because of greed. I don't believe their greed should reflect an entire party they are affiliated with, but in many people's minds, it does.

Greed (doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies) is what got us national health care, and national health care got us Miss Fuke going before Congress for what I consider a private matter.

Like it or not, money is still what makes the world go round. Obama's national health care plan doesn't have some magic wand that will change that.

As for Rush, he said something derogatory, just like others before him. And he apologized, just like others before him. That's good enough for me.

Big difference between unequivical apology, taking full responsibility and saying I just used two wrong words but I'm just as bad as they are.

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
Until I see some condemnation of Jon Stewart and Bill Mahar all this ginned up outrage falls of deaf ears. Case closed.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Until I see some condemnation of Jon Stewart and Bill Mahar all this ginned up outrage falls of deaf ears. Case closed.

I don't recall Jon Stewart saying anything that derogatory. As for Bill Mahar there are many things allowed in comedy that are completely out of bounds in political talk or general discourse.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Why their Job is to point out the blatant hypocrisy of the Right which isn't really hard to do.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Did I say I have a problem with Sandra Fluke and her testifying in Congress? I don't believe so. What I have problem with is the underlying issue. Let's see if if I get this right, the Obamacare that requires insurance plan to cover for, specifically women's, birth control as preventive care. And that escalated to the debate for religious group/organization to opt out and that led to the counter attack by Pelosi, asking Fluke to testify on Georgetown's (a Jesuit University) lack of coverage.

So tell me that's not the issue? And tell me why women's BC is health issue and man's not. I would say many more man use condom to prevent sexually transmitted disease than BC reason, but do we all get free condom? Should we ask?

Why is this BC, specifically woman's BC is such a big deal? Tell me that's not feminist movement behind it to get more rights, more free government care/money for certain special interest group.

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE LISTEN?

BC for women isn't always about contraception. It certainly isn't about preventing VD--which you seem to suggest by making a comparison between condoms being used to prevent VD, and that they should be given equal attention? (Please tell me you aren't suggesting this--that is beyond the pale.)

Anyway, it is a general women's health issue. This isn't about sex, and is only partially about maternal health

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/nr/2011/11/15/index.html

The most common reason U.S. women use oral contraceptive pills is to prevent pregnancy, but 14% of pill users—1.5 million women—rely on them exclusively for noncontraceptive purposes. The study documenting this finding, “Beyond Birth Control: The Overlooked Benefits of Oral Contraceptive Pills,” by Rachel K. Jones of the Guttmacher Institute, also found that more than half (58%) of all pill users rely on the method, at least in part, for purposes other than pregnancy prevention—meaning that only 42% use the pill exclusively for contraceptive reasons.

So, only 42% of women use BC exclusively for contraception.

what a bunch of handout-craving sluts, right?

:rolleyes:

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010

Cry me a fucking river. You don't feel that this is not a big deal.. maybe because you have never met or come across a women with those issues. As.. I have said before, people who say contraceptive pills are mainly used for contraception do not know squat about women's health issues.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Also, love the rage in trying to compare this with men--why don't we get free Birth control? wa wa wahhh!

Well, you do--Vasectomies have almost always been covered under most healthcare plans.
Condoms--generally handed out for free at high schools, community centers, Planned Parenthood, etc. There's always a free source of condoms--Oh wait, the problem is that the same crowd that now wants "equal treatment for men!" (lol) bitches when bowls of free condoms show up because it encourages sluts and manwhores to wreck the "moral fiber" of our country!

boo fucking hoo. figure out what you guys truly believe in, and stick with a god damn platform, for once.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Also, love the rage in trying to compare this with men--why don't we get free Birth control? wa wa wahhh!

Well, you do--Vasectomies have almost always been covered under most healthcare plans.
Condoms--generally handed out for free at high schools, community centers, Planned Parenthood, etc. There's always a free source of condoms--Oh wait, the problem is that the same crowd that now wants "equal treatment for men!" (lol) bitches when bowls of free condoms show up because it encourages sluts and manwhores to wreck the "moral fiber" of our country!

boo fucking hoo. figure out what you guys truly believe in, and stick with a god damn platform, for once.

NO I am enjoying the GOP's self implosion because when people who don't follow Politics listen to this shit they are shoveling it will be a LOLWUT??? WTF??? moment. :D

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Hah yeah, guys asking for free birth control, it's wa wah wahhhh boo fucking hoo. And women asking for it, it's oh yeah there is this huge health side benefit blah blah blah.....

Whatever.....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hah yeah, guys asking for free birth control, it's wa wah wahhhh boo fucking hoo. And women asking for it, it's oh yeah there is this huge health side benefit blah blah blah.....

Whatever.....

so, you're argument is basically: "waaa! I don't get what I want! Why aren't people different! I have no idea what the real issue is, so I'll just assume that the research, data, and policymakers are completely wrong, despite the fact that I choose to remain blithely ignorant on the entire issue of women's health.

We are the same, right? feminists are ruining my life....I think! Men aren't the same as women, but the law should consider us the same! ...for some reason!"

that about right?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Whatever.....

It's interesting to see just how effective the right wing spin is on the opinions of some people.

Can you explain how asking for a government regulation to require birth control coverage in a health plan that you pay premiums on is asking for free anything?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh, and btw--I already pointed out that guys do have access to free birth control.

wtf did you gloss over that part? Is it b/c it is the only non-argument that you have?

and, yet again--THIS ISN'T ABOUT CONTRACEPTION.

Men have ZERO non-contraceptive issues related to male BC. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE THE TWO.

for fucks sake.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Whatever.....

Dude you are so fucking clueless it's pathetic..... It's a benefit you receive from PRIVATE fucking Insurance that YOU pay for yourself...fucking idiot. Last time I checked I pay a SHITLOAD of cash for my PRIVATE insurance so I don't consider any damn benefit I receive as FREE.

Last edited:

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Dude you are so fucking clueless it's pathetic..... It's a benefit you receive from PRIVATE fucking Insurance that YOU pay for yourself...fucking idiot. Last time I checked I pay a SHITLOAD of cash for my PRIVATE insurance so I don't consider any damn benefit I receive as FREE.

Okay then, why don't sarah fluke and you people go find your private insurance that will cover women's contraception, and leave the rest of the insurance carriers who doesn't want to cover that, for whatever reason, religion or whatnot, alone?

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Oh, and btw--I already pointed out that guys do have access to free birth control.

wtf did you gloss over that part? Is it b/c it is the only non-argument that you have?

and, yet again--THIS ISN'T ABOUT CONTRACEPTION.

Men have ZERO non-contraceptive issues related to male BC. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE THE TWO.

for fucks sake.

ZERO non-Contraceptive issue? bwahahaha.....huge number of men use condom to prevent STD that has nothing to do with BC. Which planet do you live on man.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
An STD can be prevented by not having sex. Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Cancers, endometriosis cannot they require BC pills which have nothing to do with contraception and SHOULD BE covered by private insurance. This is about heath related issues, not sex. Hell, even my Catholic Hospital covers BC pills for the reasons I stated above. This is not something that should even be up for debate yet stupid ass misogynistic fucks keep sticking their condom covered dicks into the subject. Grow the fuck up.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
If you feminist-brainwashed zombies stopped to think for a second instead of yelling "mysoginist!" you'd realize that birth control pills cost about $15-20 a month. An IUD costs about $400-500 and good for several years. That's nowhere near the $3000/year Sandra the Liar was telling Congress.

Secondly, insurance companies charge higher premiums to people with preexisting conditions, like obesity or smoking. So, are you OK with charging women higher premiums since they require more medical payouts? Or would you rather the insurance companies shifted those costs to everyone, since women are "entitled" to whatever they demand?

And thirdly, BC pills are not a cure for polycystic ovary syndrome. They do nothing more than allow for regular menstrual cycles, which is for the woman's convenience. There are more direct approaches to dealing with the condition, mainly through diet and lowering insulin levels. The fact remains that the most common use for BC pills by far is for contraception, and nothing to do with the conditions affecting a small percentage of women. But don't let the facts get in the way of your feminist dogma.

Nov 30, 2006
If you feminist-brainwashed zombies stopped to think for a second instead of yelling "mysoginist!" you'd realize that birth control pills cost about $15-20 a month. An IUD costs about $400-500 and good for several years. That's nowhere near the $3000/year Sandra the Liar was telling Congress.
I understand that a month's worth of birth control pills costs about $9 at Walmart and Target. $3000 a year is definitely a lie. No one seems to mind though...isn't that odd?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Okay then, why don't sarah fluke and you people go find your private insurance that will cover women's contraception, and leave the rest of the insurance carriers who doesn't want to cover that, for whatever reason, religion or whatnot, alone?

Contraception is covered by all insurance by law except for the people listed in President Obama's Proposal.

Last edited: