Lilo & Stitch trailer: Watch it! Funniest thing EVER.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
This movie is going to be a surprise hit. It looks totally original and the colors look cool. Finally something to look forward to from Disney.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: abaez
This movie is going to be a surprise hit. It looks totally original and the colors look cool. Finally something to look forward to from Disney.

I'd say my favorite so far is Emperor's New Groove. I never expected it to be so hilarious. One of my favorite cartoons ever.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Yea Emperors was funny, but if we're talking favorite Disney movies it has to be ALice in Wonderland, followed close by Beauty and the Beast.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
ok, where does damned quicktime keep the temporary cached mov? i can't find it. damned %@# screwing the modem users!! why so protective over an advertisement.. #$&@#^

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Nefrodite
ok, where does damned quicktime keep the temporary cached mov? i can't find it. damned %@# screwing the modem users!! why so protective over an advertisement.. #$&@#^

After its loaded click on the down arrow to the right of the play/load bar and click save as quick time movie....problem solved....or if you are on aim I can transfer all the trailers to ya...PM me if you want to do that.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
ah that works, i feel stupid. cuz it takes a while to download i rightclicked for plugin properties and checked off save cached file figuring i could just look for that:p ah well.

now to gripe about no directlinks to the videos:) i want to use download managers !! :)

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: woodly6
Originally posted by: Nefrodite
ah that works, i feel stupid. cuz it takes a while to download i rightclicked for plugin properties and checked off save cached file figuring i could just look for that:p ah well.

now to gripe about no directlinks to the videos:) i want to use download managers !! :)

Here is one.
Another.
Yet another.
This one too.
The Last one.

These are all direct links....right click/save at will:D

omg:) kewl thanx a million:)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
Right here
Oh my god, this looks to be the funniest Disney movie ever. I love the part with the cake.

You must not have ever seen a Disney movie. That trailer looks lame as hell.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: yakko
Right here
Oh my god, this looks to be the funniest Disney movie ever. I love the part with the cake.

Yes I have, but I am SO FRIGGIN SORRY my sense of humor differs from yours. Sheesh.

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by: yakko
Right here

for me to poop on

that movie looks funny

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
I hate quicktime, and through association, I've come to hate you too. ;) J/k. Congrats on hitting 5K posts amnesiac 2.0

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
wtf, this is the only lilo and stitch thread? how sad:p figured some aters woulda seen it since it sold out faster then minority report.

anyways it was very good:)

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
That movie was very very cute

I can honestly say the best Disney movie I've ever seen. Its a must watch for anyone. :)

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
All of the trailers are funny but my favorite is the Little Mermaid one. :)

: ) Amanda

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Alladin one was the best :)

Movie looks OK, doesn't look like it'll bet my all time favorite animated movie though. (Shrek)

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
i found this review pretty interesting since its from geniune hawaiians:)

auau

Aloha ka~kou (Aloha to All of Us),

Yesterday, with great anticipation -- yes, with bated breaths -- we, my husband and I who were born in Hawai`i fifty years ago and raised there, went to see LILO AND STITCH at our local theatre, hoping for its unmitigated success and yet knowing it could be yet another dirty bomb unwittingly directed against the Hawaiian culture.

We were utterly impressed with LILO & STITCH's shining truth and loved and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the galactic high adventure and its down-to-Earth (literally) endearing story, brimming full of Aloha of the real, day-to-day variety, not the syrupy, touristy stuff. Having been raised with Disney movies, ourselves, we were delighted with its high caliber Disney feel and animation mastery, especially the stunningly gorgeous water-color visuals of our homeland.

Co-directors Chris Sanders, Dean DeBlois and producer Clark Spencer bolstered our faith in the next generation of moviemakers. I dare say that they are uniquely enlightened young people, wise beyond their years. Certainly, this movie is not yet another run-of-the-mill, Hawaiian-themed fantasy that my generation has come to expect out of Hollywood. We've seen, rolled our eyes upward, and laughed at the ludicrousness of too many hurriedly slapped together movies based on deluded, overly-dramatized or white-washed, idealized visions and versions of Hawaiian culture and its people.

Instead, it was clearly evident to us that the research that went into LILO AND STITCH was done with thoroughness, sincerity, concern and care.

The result? A movie with a huge sensitivity, concern and Aloha for our endangered Hawaiian and local culture, which, with a combination of "attitude" and sweetness, captures the authentic spirit and genuine warmth, and inner and outer beauty of Hawai`i, especially its unique Aloha Spirit and valuing of `ohana (family).

For those inclined, if you wish to learn more about `ohana from a person who grew up with the concept: http://www.geocities.com/sptmbrmrn/121701.htm

In its unique, far-reaching way, LILO and STITCH -- and Disney -- will help to perpetuate Hawaiian ways, beingness, and arts, as well as our one-of-a-kind local culture. I loved the snippets of pidgin, for most of us, our first language. Tia Carrere and Jason Scott Lee were perfect in their voice roles as Nani and Kawika (David). For a change, true locals playing local roles with every truthful and subtle nuance.

Loving Hawaiian music as I do, I am particularly grateful for the inclusion of authentic Hawaiian musicianry: the mesmerizing, lively chants by real-life Hawaiian chanter, Mark Keali`i Ho`omalu, were right-on. The casting of real-life kumu hula (hula master)Kunewa Mook as the voice of the hula teacher in the movie was exactly pono (right and proper); his input on depicting hulas as it is actually danced, and not the swishy hula gibberish of past Hollywood movies was greatly appreciated by us, his peers.

And singing by the Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus -- you must have indigenous blood to go to school there -- could not have been truer or more delightful. Ahh.... I am going out to buy the CD ASAP!

Of course, we grew up with Elvis' classic tunes, so we absolutely loved the resurrection of his songs as well as Wynonna's rendition of "Burning Love." A perfect balance to the Hawaiian music. Pono , which means not only right and proper, but balanced.

We spotted only one glaring mistake: the shakkah ("all is cool") sign as depicted in the movie at the end. They got the fingers right, but the way they did it, it's only half of the shakkah sign. As it was, it stopped as the Texas Longhorn symbol. Locals then swivel their wrist, 180 degrees, completing the local sign with the BACK of the hand toward the viewer. Oh well, as we say in Hawai`i: "Ain't no big t'ing, braddah" as the moviemakers can fix that faux pas for the video version.

A big MAHALO (THANK YOU) to all involved, viewers included, who make LILO & STITCH the sharing movie it is. Spread the Aloha.

Me ke Aloha,
AU/AD
http://hawaiianlanguage.com
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=512811&t=3357#post512811

Jan 9, 2002
Hehehehe!! I've been thinking all along this was just another lame cartoon movie, but you're right- it looks pretty funny! I love the Lion King parody at the beginning, heh. :D

I still haven't seen The Emperor's New Groove or Shrek yet either- I better start renting.

fooshkee

Aug 10, 2001
ahhh.... that looks great, must see it.... disney needed a decent cartoon... its been a while.