Lil' Mikey J to Fire Up the "Impeach Biden" Train

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
You got a problem with the working class?

I have nothing against the working class. My father worked his way up from back-breaking work in construction. My wife is a blue collar worker, and is a union member.

In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with shopping at Walmart. But let's be real, the average Walmart shopper isn't the most politically aware or well educated. From that perspective, Comer and the GOP politicians doubling down on impeaching Biden after talking to some Walmart shoppers is laughable. Especially when Comer would rather be caught dead than caught shopping in Walmart.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I have nothing against the working class. My father worked his way up from back-breaking work in construction. My wife is a blue collar worker, and is a union member.

In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with shopping at Walmart. But let's be real, the average Walmart shopper isn't the most politically aware or well educated. From that perspective, Comer and the GOP politicians doubling down on impeaching Biden after talking to some Walmart shoppers is laughable. Especially when Comer would rather be caught dead than caught shopping in Walmart.
Except, I'm sure Comer has not one qualm about shopping at Walmart.

Mar 11, 2004

That's a good point and its a shame we don't have media willing to call out these pieces of shit more. I'd be asking these fuckers for proof they went a Wal-Mart. Most likely they watched some clown looking to be the next alt-right media personality that went to Wal-Mart.

Hell, wouldn't surprise me if it was a Jordan Klepper (?) bit even. Actually wouldn't surprise me if it was some Borat scene knowing how fucking stupid Republican politicians are willing to be.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Last edited:
Reactions: trenchfoot

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Why would anyone equate Walmart shopper with working class?
Because America is filled with the working poor, and most other places to buy food are generally $1 more expensive for each item you buy. Items on sale being an exception of course.
Because snobs in general look down upon Walmart shoppers as being lower class.

Reactions: Franz316

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Because America is filled with the working poor, and most other places to buy food are generally $1 more expensive for each item you buy. Items on sale being an exception of course.
I used to work at Walmart. Specific merchandise notwithstanding, it's cheaper because it's cheap shit. Cheap meat, cheap milk, cheap bread, cheap clothes, cheap cheap cheap. They make more per item than most of those other places that charge more, because those other places are actually good products.

People who shop at Walmart don't realize that, or don't care, both to their detriment. Eggs aren't supposed to be $2 a dozen or whatever they sell it for now.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I used to work at Walmart. Specific merchandise notwithstanding, it's cheaper because it's cheap shit. Cheap meat, cheap milk, cheap bread, cheap clothes, cheap cheap cheap. They make more per item than most of those other places that charge more, because those other places are actually good products.

People who shop at Walmart don't realize that, or don't care, both to their detriment. Eggs aren't supposed to be $2 a dozen or whatever they sell it for now.
To a degree yes, but when it comes to certain items Daisy Sour Cream or Del Monte Canned Goods are the same no matter where they're sold and Walmart has them cheaper than anybody else. But you're right that a lot of items in Walmart are actually more expensive, potato chips for example are almost always on sale at my regular grocery store so it's cheaper to stock up every two weeks rather than pay regular price at walmart. Unfortunately, today you really got to hit multiple stores to get the most out of your money, but it still comes at the cost of your time.

Back on topic, as fskimospy has said, this potential impeachment is a political theater, GOP is going to try their damnest to whitewash legitimate Trump impeachments by making mockery of the process. I'm sad to say that I think it'll work.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
To a degree yes, but when it comes to certain items Daisy Sour Cream or Del Monte Canned Goods are the same no matter where they're sold and Walmart has them cheaper than anybody else.
Don't be so sure, there's a certain threshold where setting up a new product line for a lesser quality good is profitable. Call it 'binning' or 'vendor priority' or whatever you want, there isn't a guarantee that the same thing behind the same SKU/barcode are actually identical, or even close to identical.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I look down on Walmart because they started the rush to buy China goods for one, then went on to rig the tax system to make the Wall family some of the richest Americans in the country, and exploiting their workers for time worked.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Back on the thread. Saw Hunters, press conference, outside of the capitol buidling, watched most of the opening hearing. So pathetic. I just hope that the Pubs in tight districts kill the majority for the vote to make it. It's Benghazi all over again.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Back on the thread. Saw Hunters, press conference, outside of the capitol buidling, watched most of the opening hearing. So pathetic. I just hope that the Pubs in tight districts kill the majority for the vote to make it. It's Benghazi all over again.
I believe that the torture to the soul required to be a Republican today, (the magnitude of the self hate) is so great that it is leading to self immolation as the only means of escape. In for a penny in for a pound equates to swimming with lead weights. I think they recognize they have gone past the point of no return and have decided to do a Kamikaze mission. I think we are witnessing an extinction event. The problem with madness is that it is carried by people with a limited life span.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Unfortunately, this clown show will continue.
All the living pieces of shit Pubs in the house, voted to start the Impeachment Inquiry.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
The problem with Comer quote is he used Walmart shoppers to support his position when these are the very people he wouldn't touch with a 10' pole
You should see his hometown Walmart. Def POS, the city Tompkinsville KY is also a shit hole.

There are about 4 or 5 families that run everything in that town. It is a financially repressed small rural area, town is too much credit to the area.

This dude most likely was born in Tville, then family relocated to Lexington or Louisville.

Then again the rural areas love being poor. They actively turn down overtime thinking they will have to pay more in taxes. Also Fox news is on almost in every public place with a TV in the waiting room,. eating area, ect.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It is Banghazi. Remember when ex speaker Kevin McCarthy admitted quiet part out load at that time Benghazi was all about weakening Hillary. Now another loudmouth turdball just did it again by admitting impeachment is all about weakening Biden and help Trump for 2024.
https://x.com/NikkiMcR/status/1735002080190803981?s=20

• Love

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Rep Joe Neguse asks Republican what is the crime that warranted an impeachment hearing. Check out the non answer

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I look down on Walmart because they started the rush to buy China goods for one, then went on to rig the tax system to make the Wall family some of the richest Americans in the country, and exploiting their workers for time worked.
This is the reason I avoid Walmart.

Reactions: DaaQ

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This Republican effort to distract away from Trump's legal travails by having a Congressional committee of kangaroos well fed on a diet of premium Trump cow pie kibble, a barely restrained rabble of very well mind-fucked MAGATs in the galleries and a horde of Trump wailers dragging their knuckles outside is going nowhere without his servile conservative House reps providing incontrovertible proof of malfeasance on the part of Joe Biden, of which they don't have.

Having the House Freedom Caucus Clowns participating in this hoax investigation will only exacerbate the absolute absurdity of having Biden being put through a mockery of an investigation of which the likes of Gaetz, Jordan, Marge Greene and her pal Hand Job Boebert are certainly going to be given a chance to get revenge for Trump, something that can be seen as the whole reason for conducting an impeachment hearing on Biden.

Lacking any substantial evidence to accuse Biden of, it should be quite entertaining to see and hear how the Republicans are going to avoid that fact and somehow produce a show trial that won't backfire on them in true GOP fashion.

Your tax dollars at work folks.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Rep Joe Neguse asks Republican what is the crime that warranted an impeachment hearing. Check out the non answer

I love the "When I got time, I'll explain it to you." comment. Translation: Your ass too dumb to understand, and I ain't got time to edumacate you.

Everyone knows it's a clown show. They got nothing.

• Love