Libs are everywhere!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
The amount of mouth-frothing vitriol from the hardline GOP side is a little disturbing, isn't it?

Please. Don't kid yourself into thinking it isn't being matched by the left. Look around you. It's everywhere and it's coming from all sides. If you don't see it, you're part of the problem.

Really? Show me one clip or one news story of an Obama supporter threating the life of McCain. Don't try to blame this on lone nuts because there were GOP groups who put up on a website Obama should be waterboarded.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Is there something specific you wanted to discuss or did you just want to call out BB and/or start a troll thread?

There is an overwhelming amount of paranoid/angry/bigoted rage coming from the fringe right at this time. Notice I said 'fringe', as I'd bet that at LEAST 90% of McCain supporters are average decent people with no evidence of psychosis or irrationality.

But any honest person would have to admit that the kooks are coming out of the woodwork on this one, and a lot of mainstream outlets (Savage, Beck, Rush, etc) are busting at the seams with extremist/hate/fear at the likelihood of an Obama presidency.

It's not a call-out or a troll when it's the obvious truth. Look at GenX for an example of a rational conservative who is not afraid in the least to call a spade a spade. For that matter, JD50 is also usually pretty fair and even-handed. PH as well.

This kind of hysteria only hurts the mainstream Republican and conservative movement, as it is truly disturbing to the more centrist-minded people. The kind of people that would much rather have a reasoned debate than a tirade about the kind of topics covered in my OP.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Is there something specific you wanted to discuss or did you just want to call out BB and/or start a troll thread?

There is an overwhelming amount of paranoid/angry/bigoted rage coming from the fringe right at this time. Notice I said 'fringe', as I'd bet that at LEAST 90% of McCain supporters are average decent people with no evidence of psychosis or irrationality.

But any honest person would have to admit that the kooks are coming out of the woodwork on this one, and a lot of mainstream outlets (Savage, Beck, Rush, etc) are busting at the seams with extremist/hate/fear at the likelihood of an Obama presidency.

It's not a call-out or a troll when it's the obvious truth. Look at GenX for an example of a rational conservative who is not afraid in the least to call a spade a spade. For that matter, JD50 is also usually pretty fair and even-handed. PH as well.

This kind of hysteria only hurts the mainstream Republican and conservative movement, as it is truly disturbing to the more centrist-minded people. The kind of people that would much rather have a reasoned debate than a tirade about the kind of topics covered in my OP.

So you started a thread to point out the "fringe" rage of the right with no link and a call out to BB? Wow :roll:

Obviously there are some fringe right rage. Just like there is some fringe left rage that has been at fever pitch for some time now. And? Are you just now noticing the fringes? Or is it that you only want to highlight the fringe of the opposite side by making this troll thread?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I know, they are petrified, beyond fearful that the day he steps in office he'll do any number of things from seizing all private property to making youth groups to preach his message to setting up commissions of virtue and patriotism to any other number of hysterical things they can think Hitler or Stalin Or Bin Laden may have done/wanted.

The only main crazy paranoid fears I've stoked are that of Palin being president. McCain would not be the end of the world. I think she could be.

I agree with Vic and would add that these supporters are like baby chicks who will be pushed out of the nest. At first they'll panic, but it will be over soon and they'll fly and learn there's more to life than sucking mommy's teat in a protected nest.

McCain was an ok pick for their main person but he was let run amok. The problem mainly has been Palin. If instead of her Romney was there touting his bullsh*t at least, given his strong economic background, he could have BIG TIME helped out supporting McCain as we enter with full force a global recession.

Agree with Arkaign about some republicans here seeing the issue from a more level-headed stance than some of the psychopaths (and God knows we have the democrat psychopaths here, too and sometimes they share my avatar).

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel49
Originally posted by: Arkaign
These terrorist, muslim, tree-humping, hippie reefer-smoking, america-hating, communist marxist, *****-loving kikes are ruining our country!

/bb mode off.

Seriously, this paranoia/frenzy by the fringe far-right is reaching epic levels. I listened to Glenn Beck for a few minutes this morning on the way to work and these people are FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT at the prospect of Obama being President.

A while back I wasn't that worried about his safety, but I'm beginning to think these types are going to be so batshit pissed that there's not a Stormfront-approved type in the White House (read, another rich white dude to match the previous 40-something guys) that they're truly going to do something violent.

People are worried about black people rioting if Obama loses, what about the other side? Jesus H. Gustavo Christo on a pogo stick.

wake up call. /// liberals been flipping out about W for 8 years.
So what.

Not just liberals.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

Its kind of funny. In any thread that is started by a person with a liberal viewpoint, you are there, claiming its a "troll thread"... If you think they are troll thread for any reason at all, why are you constantly posting in them?

And secondly why is it that anything contrary to your viewpoint is trolling?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: retrospooty

Its kind of funny. In any thread that is started by a person with a liberal viewpoint, you are there, claiming its a "troll thread"... If you think they are troll thread for any reason at all, why are you constantly posting in them?

Is there a point to this thread? Is there a link or anything the OP has to aid in "discussion"? From the looks of it, he just wanted to rage against the "right wing" ragers with a side order of calling BB out.

If a person wants to have a serious discussion, I have no problem with contrary viewpoints but this thread has not yet qualified.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
That is what you would expect to hear when you watch a lot of the local campaign commercials for candidates in "Red states". (I REALLY hate that phrase) The Republicans have really run out of ammunition for serious political discourse and resort to using "liberal" as a slur, trying to connect local dems to Pelosi, Reid, etc. in some vast left-wing conspiracy to raise your taxes, turn your children gay, take away your guns, gut the military, and otherwise make little babies cry. Wedge issues are all that are left it seems. Heck, one such commercial running in Birmingham tries to smear an HR candidate by saying "He's pro-abortion - that don't fly down here" in the most elderly rednecky- accent available. A Democrat or independent couldn't even run for County commissioner/mayor/judge/license commissioner/sherriff/dog catcher without having that sort of label attached to him by the Republicans, despite none of those positions having ANY power to do anything about the issue. Seriously, there are a lot of people down here who are progressive, but just blinded by those few "wedges". Liberals could win a few more seats if they got a spine and tried to do something about this image problem they have.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

Is there a point to this thread? Is there a link or anything the OP has to aid in "discussion"? From the looks of it, he just wanted to rage against the "right wing" ragers with a side order of calling BB out.

If a person wants to have a serious discussion, I have no problem with contrary viewpoints but this thread has not yet qualified.

If you don't have an issue with wingnuts causing severe harm to the GOP's image, then you must just not care. I'm a conservative with no party right now, as the GOP is socially leaning towards Rudolf Hess, and fiscally leaning towards I don't know what, but this spending spree and socialized corporate nonsense is out of control.

It makes things much worse when the party starts to be tarnished by the notable rise in extremist alarmist douchebaggery. Believe it or not, the Republicans are starting to seriously push people away with that crap.

If you haven't noticed it, you're blind.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

That is my point , anything liberal is beneath your high and mighty qualifications, yet there you are posting away.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

Jesus, you're not going to cry, are you? I hate to see a grown insane man cry.