Libs are everywhere!

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
These terrorist, muslim, tree-humping, hippie reefer-smoking, america-hating, communist marxist, *****-loving kikes are ruining our country!

/bb mode off.

Seriously, this paranoia/frenzy by the fringe far-right is reaching epic levels. I listened to Glenn Beck for a few minutes this morning on the way to work and these people are FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT at the prospect of Obama being President.

A while back I wasn't that worried about his safety, but I'm beginning to think these types are going to be so batshit pissed that there's not a Stormfront-approved type in the White House (read, another rich white dude to match the previous 40-something guys) that they're truly going to do something violent.

People are worried about black people rioting if Obama loses, what about the other side? Jesus H. Gustavo Christo on a pogo stick.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
The amount of mouth-frothing vitriol from the hardline GOP side is a little disturbing, isn't it?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
... and in other news, Obama supporters don't like McCain, and McCain supporters don't like Obama.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
The amount of mouth-frothing vitriol from the hardline GOP side is a little disturbing, isn't it?

Please. Don't kid yourself into thinking it isn't being matched by the left. Look around you. It's everywhere and it's coming from all sides. If you don't see it, you're part of the problem.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Arkaign
These terrorist, muslim, tree-humping, hippie reefer-smoking, america-hating, communist marxist, *****-loving kikes are ruining our country!

/bb mode off.

Seriously, this paranoia/frenzy by the fringe far-right is reaching epic levels.

I listened to Glenn Beck for a few minutes this morning on the way to work and these people are FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT at the prospect of Obama being President.

Speaking of Beck, how did he wind up on CNN? I thought CNN was liberals only?

How come Beck isn't on Fox???

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: jbourne77

Please. Don't kid yourself into thinking it isn't being matched by the left. Look around you. It's everywhere and it's coming from all sides. If you don't see it, you're part of the problem.

Really? I wouldn't disagree that the amount of arrows being slung in this election is pretty high but I've yet to see Obama supporters say the things that I've seen those on the other side of the fence say.

Oh and please don't link that "My face is an Obamaface now!!!!" story until it holds a little more water.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

If this were '04, I'd agree with you to a certain extent. But I don't see mouth-foaming hate focused on McCain. I see some well deserved (IMHO) fun being made of Palin, but no widespread hideous hate/fear from the left.

For the record, I'm a classical conservative with some centrist leanings. Eisenhower and Kennedy are my favorite presidents.

I'm almost embarrassed for the right this time around, but I guess this is a well-deserved wake-up call after 8 years of abject failure.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
This is 20 years of crazy paranoid far-right propaganda imploding before our eyes. These spoonfed brainwashed are so disconnected from reality, so addicted to the vanity of feeding their own fears, that IMO losing this election is the best thing that could possibly happen to them. I think of it as tough love.
I don't think there will be rioting, but I do expect some isolated violence and a lot of militantism.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic
This is 20 years of crazy paranoid far-right propaganda imploding before our eyes. These spoonfed brainwashed are so disconnected from reality, so addicted to the vanity of feeding their own fears, that IMO losing this election is the best thing that could possibly happen to them. I think of it as tough love.
I don't think there will be rioting, but I do expect some isolated violence and a lot of militantism.

I think you're 100% right, per usual.

This brings to mind some events of the Clinton era. Not entirely Clinton's fault (though I thought Janet Reno was a horrible AG, though not as bad as Asscroft and so on), but the militant/separatist movement really seemed to flourish in the fear of living under a Democratic administration. Militias and one-off Church camps like the Branch Davidians really seemed to think that it was the end of the world to live under a non-Republican rule.

I'm guessing the ButterBeans of our Country will being swelling the ranks of such groups in short order.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

/bb mode off.

Seriously, this paranoia/frenzy by the fringe far-right is reaching epic levels.

I listened to Glenn Beck for a few minutes this morning on the way to work and these people are FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT at the prospect of Obama being President.

Good question. CNN has been slightly left-of-center (Ted Turner) for a pretty long time, I guess they figure they would balance it somewhat, but Glenn Beck is so far right that he makes Hitler look like Ghandi.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'd have to say that this happens no matter what side loses. I don't know if you remember Clinton being elected both times, but the right was absolutely flipping the fuck out then too. "KKKlinton is a murderer, a thief, etc!" Same with the left and Bush (although it looks like they were right on the money with him)

What I'm looking forward to is what the right's equivalent of 'I'm moving to Canada!' will be. There is no more right wing industrialized nation than the US, so they are pretty much screwed.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

If this were '04, I'd agree with you to a certain extent. But I don't see mouth-foaming hate focused on McCain. I see some well deserved (IMHO) fun being made of Palin, but no widespread hideous hate/fear from the left.

For the record, I'm a classical conservative with some centrist leanings. Eisenhower and Kennedy are my favorite presidents.

I'm almost embarrassed for the right this time around, but I guess this is a well-deserved wake-up call after 8 years of abject failure.

Pretty much. I'm disappointed he decided to hire the same campaign staff that disgustingly smeared him and his family in 2000 and I obviously disagree with him on most of his policies, but the left doesn't bear much hate for McCain, and until recently, he was seen as a moderate that most of the country could get behind. The big story is how far he's fallen.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Of course it is coming from all sides. The issue is how much and how ugly and from where? Who is being constructive and who isn't? And finally, the right squandered all its credibility this year on "Obama is a muslim" rhetoric and similar vitriolic bullshit, which is why all they have left is to blame the mainstream media that can no longer take them seriously.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

This brings to mind some events of the Clinton era. Not entirely Clinton's fault (though I thought Janet Reno was a horrible AG, though not as bad as Asscroft and so on), but the militant/separatist movement really seemed to flourish in the fear of living under a Democratic administration. Militias and one-off Church camps like the Branch Davidians really seemed to think that it was the end of the world to live under a non-Republican rule.

I'm guessing the ButterBeans of our Country will being swelling the ranks of such groups in short order.

Hard to imagine why they would fear that after watching a military style attack on live TV go wrong.

As for Vic. I think this is also the best thing that can happen to the republican party and its base. Rethink our priorities and left the Democrats fuck up the govt for a few years to even things out.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

LOL - thats nothing new, its what Glen Beck does... 1 month ago I tuned in to him telling his listeners to "Mark my words. If Obama wins, he WILL enslave us all". That is a direct quote.

LOL @ paranoid, chicken shit cowardly conservative mentality.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jonks

Pretty much. I'm disappointed he decided to hire the same campaign staff that disgustingly smeared him and his family in 2000 and I obviously disagree with him on most of his policies, but the left doesn't bear much hate for McCain, and until recently, he was seen as a moderate that most of the country could get behind. The big story is how far he's fallen.

Yep. If McCain had won the Republican nomination in 2000, I would have voted for him. Or so I thought. Now I guess we know why he didn't, and why the Pubs should have gone with Romney this year.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
It was in response to this:

Of course it is coming from all sides. The issue is how much and how ugly and from where? Who is being constructive and who isn't? And finally, the right squandered all its credibility this year on "Obama is a muslim" rhetoric and similar vitriolic bullshit, which is why all they have left is to blame the mainstream media that can no longer take them seriously.

Nice sig, btw.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

/bb mode off.

Good question. CNN has been slightly left-of-center (Ted Turner) for a pretty long time, I guess they figure they would balance it somewhat, but Glenn Beck is so far right that he makes Hitler look like Ghandi.

We were talking about this in another thread, I really don't get why CNN is considered left of center. I mean look at the shows they have: Glenn Beck (arch conservative), Lou Dobbs (populist/xenophobe), Nancy Grase (law and order/screeching harpy). I think an honest assessment of all of those people would conclude that they are on the conservative side of the spectrum. (or at least the GOP side)

So, I guess I don't really see how CNN is or has been anytime in my memory a particularly liberal channel.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

Yep. If McCain had won the Republican nomination in 2000, I would have voted for him. Or so I thought. Now I guess we know why he didn't, and why the Pubs should have gone with Romney this year.

It wouldnt have saved them... The issue is Bush, and the damage is done. No republican could win this year, not without a major scandal on the dem side.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Genx87

Hard to imagine why they would fear that after watching a military style attack on live TV go wrong.

As for Vic. I think this is also the best thing that can happen to the republican party and its base. Rethink our priorities and left the Democrats fuck up the govt for a few years to even things out.

True. I thought the Branch Davidian situation was *HORRIBLY* mishandled at nearly every level and step along the way, but that would be a massive thread in itself.

I like the fact that you're a reasonable conservative who is taking this in stride, and as part of a path towards a more positive future. There's nothing about the GOP of the past 8 years that has been worthy of any meaningful support. Hubris needs to be replaced with self-examination, humility, and a reconnection with the needs of 21st century America.

ITJunkie

Platinum Member
Apr 17, 2003
www.techange.com
Originally posted by: Genx87

True. I thought the Branch Davidian situation was *HORRIBLY* mishandled at nearly every level and step along the way, but that would be a massive thread in itself.

I like the fact that you're a reasonable conservative who is taking this in stride, and as part of a path towards a more positive future. There's nothing about the GOP of the past 8 years that has been worthy of any meaningful support. Hubris needs to be replaced with self-examination, humility, and a reconnection with the needs of 21st century America.

I find your views intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter sir! :thumbsup:

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005

/bb mode off.

Seriously, this paranoia/frenzy by the fringe far-right is reaching epic levels. I listened to Glenn Beck for a few minutes this morning on the way to work and these people are FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT at the prospect of Obama being President.

A while back I wasn't that worried about his safety, but I'm beginning to think these types are going to be so batshit pissed that there's not a Stormfront-approved type in the White House (read, another rich white dude to match the previous 40-something guys) that they're truly going to do something violent.

People are worried about black people rioting if Obama loses, what about the other side? Jesus H. Gustavo Christo on a pogo stick.

wake up call. /// liberals been flipping out about W for 8 years.
So what.