Libertarians must be getting quite mad...

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I'm not a Libertarian and the thought of federal troops being deployed on U.S. soil doesn't sit well with me at all. Federal law prohibits such deployment for good reason.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Why don't we declare martial law and get it over with?

Libertarians shouldn't be the only ones mad at this sh!t.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Even under martial law only national guard troops or troops under the direct control of the states may be deployed on U.S. soil.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Everyone should be getting mad.

We have a great country in America, but our freedom seems to be dropping away bit by bit.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
The article doesn't say anywhere that the military will be granted police power.

The law "has to be amended, but we're not talking about general police power," Biden said on "Fox News Sunday."

Another quote:

"It's kept the military out of law enforcement, out of arresting people except in the most unusual emergency situations like a riot or after some kind of a disaster where they have to protect against looting," Levin said on CNN's "Late Edition."

However, he said: "I don't fear looking at it to see whether or not our military can be more helpful in a very supportive and assisting role even than they have been up to now ? providing equipment, providing training, those kind of things which do not involve arresting people."

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Why does it even need to be reviewed? The military isn't a goddamn police force. I really don't think the police need the help of the military to arrest people.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Spoooon
The article doesn't say anywhere that the military will be granted police power.

The law "has to be amended, but we're not talking about general police power," Biden said on "Fox News Sunday."

Another quote:

"It's kept the military out of law enforcement, out of arresting people except in the most unusual emergency situations like a riot or after some kind of a disaster where they have to protect against looting," Levin said on CNN's "Late Edition."

However, he said: "I don't fear looking at it to see whether or not our military can be more helpful in a very supportive and assisting role even than they have been up to now ? providing equipment, providing training, those kind of things which do not involve arresting people."

At least one other person read it.

Alphathree33

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2000
I read the whole thing. I think they're being very moderate. I also think Americans love their two hundred year old laws.

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
Very mixed views on this.

Sen. Joe Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said he favors expanding the military's role in responding to major catastrophes such as an attack by a weapon of mass destruction.

Well can't the National Guard do that?