Liberal sites drop gun control topic when shooter id was announced

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
sorry, but i am not buying the racism you are selling.

but keep selling it and one day karma will come calling.
How cute, you are exempt from all prejudice against all people who aren't like you. However, multiple studies say your SJW-ass = full of shit. Everyone is racist to some degree.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
How cute, you are exempt from all prejudice against all people who aren't like you. However, multiple studies say your SJW-ass = full of shit. Everyone is racist to some degree.

So, you are finally admitting that your SJW-ass is really full of shit. Noted.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
So a gun shop in CA was selling illegal weapons?

Maybe; I think we should get more details about how the weapons were purchased before we start proposing possible new Gun Control legislation. Don't you think?

Chidoro

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe; I think we should get more details about how the weapons were purchased before we start proposing possible new Gun Control legislation. Don't you think?
Not really. We still know that a consistent national effort to limit guns will make it more difficult for anyone to obtain them.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
So, you are finally admitting that your SJW-ass is really full of shit. Noted.
If by SJW you mean badass alpha with lots of money, then sure. Look, I can help you make more $ and squat 500+ like me but that would mean getting off the computer for a few hours and taking a break from that incredible cognitive thought process (as evidenced above - lol).

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Not really. We still know that a consistent national effort to limit guns will make it more difficult for anyone to obtain them.

So you usually move forward on something without knowing all the details first?

For example. Will national Assault Weapon legislation leave loopholes that could be exploited to circumvent the intent of legislation? Did the purchase of these 'Assault Weapons' in CA exploit a loophole in current CA law? If they did wouldn't you want to know how that loophole was exploited before proposing national legislation so that loophole could be closed at a national level?

I think all these are important details that should be reviewed first before any national legislation is proposed.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
We need to stop selling and confiscate these assault rifles with large magazines. No need for them, and any crazy or terrorist can use them to kill a lot of people. Don't give me the deer hunting bullshit.
san-bernardino-guns1.jpg

Feb 10, 2000
So a gun shop in CA was selling illegal weapons?

There is nothing intrinsically illegal about owning or selling ARs in California. As I posted earlier, CA law imposes certain design limitations, but the most salient one (requiring a "tool" to change the magazine) is easily overcome by commercially-available measures. While CA law prohibits magazines with more than 10 rounds, these are readily commercially available in nearly every other state.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
The sale of 'Assault Rifles' to civilians in the state of CA has been banned since 2000.

That's great but by definition of the term it's still an assault rifle. Since the news stories say it was purchased legally maybe it had a bullet button and was thus legal for sale. You do realize that the "assault rifle ban" in California isn't an absolute one and could never be, since as soon as the legislature issues a legal definition of "assault rifle" that someone will devise a compliant version via use of a mechanical or other workaround?

Chidoro

Mar 4, 2015
So you usually move forward on something without knowing all the details first?

For example. Will national Assault Weapon legislation leave loopholes that could be exploited to circumvent the intent of legislation? Did the purchase of these 'Assault Weapons' in CA exploit a loophole in current CA law? If they did wouldn't you want to know how that loophole was exploited before proposing national legislation so that loophole could be closed at a national level?

I think all these are important details that should be reviewed first before any national legislation is proposed.
You are assuming I would base making national legislation based on one event as opposed to the number of events which have and will continue to occur with lax laws that vary by state. I have enough details overall to determine that making a national effort to limit guns will limit violence caused by them.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
And what is the cause of that problem? Possibly letting too many immigrants into the country (i.e. destruction of social cohesion) and destruction of nuclear family and its values? IMO our golden years were when social cohesion were at its strongest - mostly white, mostly married, and mostly Christian. Dilute this too much and social cohesion drops to where we fear our neighbor more because they are different culturally/religiously/economically/genetically. More and more studies like the Michigan State one are showing that diversity is a failed experiment. Can you honestly tell me with a straight face that this Islamic nut would have shot up a community center if it was all people like him (e.g. a mosque)? This wackjob belonged in Saudi Arabia, not here. Ultimately, people are moving to neighborhoods where there are more people like themselves because we inherently seek social cohesion - look at the population dot map. Most major cities are self segregated, despite having huge genetic diversity (see Chicago/NYC/Philly/Atlanta etc).

Oh, I forgot to add the fact that our society is becoming one giant vagina - physically (lower testosterone in men) and ideologically (confused gender roles where women think being more like men will make them happier). Combine all of these things:

1) Fear of neighbor/declining social cohesion due to increasing diversity,
2) Vagina society infringing on traditionally all male institutions and women attempting to become men (working full time career instead of having kids so there is now a negative birthrate, and working women who don't have time for their kids),
3) Crazy Islamic nuts being allowed to emigrate here (like the SB shooter's bride),
4) A shit economy driven by corporate public company greed with less benefits for every generation than the last (e.g. no more pensions) which is eroding the middle class,
5) Higher divorce rate/less nuclear family, possibly due to variables like eroding Christian values and the new child-worship phenomenon where spouses are emotionally putting their kids before one another (who they took a vow with for life).
6) Hypersensitive SJW PC bro's in their "safe spaces" who think getting busted on = bullying b/c their pussy parents never taught them how to wisecrack back i.e. get a thick skin,
7) Prevalence of rap music and its trash messages (f multiple bitches/i'll steal your bitch, f getting married, get money and all material things, I'll shoot you if you piss me off, do/deal lots of drugs) being played ubiquitously on even normal pop radio now
8) Prevalence of social media making us dumber according to recent studies,
9) Kids living in isolation from one another with no f2f social interaction due to being entertained by a screen all day, e.g. video games often violent First Person Shooters, social media, youtube, movies/Netflix, etc.
10) Parents too busy to feed their kids healthy homemade food due to both parents working
11) Obesity skyrocketing because kids are too lazy to work out (see #8,#9 for what they'd rather do and #10 for one of the causes)
12) Schools testing the shit out of kids more and more via memorization, putting them under more pressure than previous generations
13) Kids graduating yet having trouble finding honest working wage jobs (see #4)
14) Kids graduating with significantly more debt than their parents' generations due to education costs outpacing inflation and wage increases
15) Erosion of the Christian Church which at least helped fill gaps in parenting in previous generations
16) Consumerism which tells us we need to buy the latest/greatest gadget, even if we can't afford it - just charge it! Combined with #13/#14, kids are financially screwed because many of their parents can't manage money properly and are in debt themselves
17) Increasing taxes on things that shouldn't be taxed (e.g. Chicago's cloud/Netflix 9% tax) and rising healthcare costs that are outpacing inflation due to factors like ACA

Depressed yet? Getting the picture as to why people are snapping more and more in this country? Feel free to add to the list. This is only the surface.

Stop drinking

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
We need to stop selling and confiscate these assault rifles with large magazines. No need for them, and any crazy or terrorist can use them to kill a lot of people. Don't give me the deer hunting bullshit.
san-bernardino-guns1.jpg
So you're saying that I'll have to relinquish my 25rnd 12 gauge drums and 12rnd mags? Naga plz. I want to make sure the intruder (and possible buddies) are all dead.

The language highlighted in red is not acceptable here.

Perknose
Forum Director

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
You are assuming I would base making national legislation based on one event as opposed to the number of events which have and will continue to occur with lax laws that vary by state. I have enough details overall to determine that making a national effort to limit guns will limit violence caused by them.

^ This noob is mine!

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

You might want to move somewhere else then like Great Britain so you won't have to be terrorized by firearms, knives, or other dangerous things. Then you can continue being a coward in comfort knowing that you're safe from inanimate objects that frighten you. Maybe if you're really lucky they'll ban darkness next so you won't need to be afraid of it and can stop using your nightlight.

Chidoro

Mar 4, 2015
You might want to move somewhere else then like Great Britain so you won't have to be terrorized by firearms, knives, or other dangerous things. Then you can continue being a coward in comfort knowing that you're safe from inanimate objects that frighten you. Maybe if you're really lucky they'll ban darkness next so you won't need to be afraid of it and can stop using your nightlight.
Yeah, that makes sense. Well done.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
That's great but by definition of the term it's still an assault rifle. Since the news stories say it was purchased legally maybe it had a bullet button and was thus legal for sale. You do realize that the "assault rifle ban" in California isn't an absolute one and could never be, since as soon as the legislature issues a legal definition of "assault rifle" that someone will devise a compliant version via use of a mechanical or other workaround?

I do, which to me to shows the futility of a national 'Assault Rifle' ban. The bad guys will still be able to get the gun(s) they want. So passing a national ban is just doing the same thing that has already been shown not to work.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I do, which to me to shows the futility of a national 'Assault Rifle' ban. The bad guys will still be able to get the gun(s) they want. So passing a national ban is just doing the same thing that has already been shown not to work.

Huh, AWB expired in 2004.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If it's national, you won't purchase it where you can and drive across a border and use it where you can't. Seems pretty obvious.

Absolutely. Because theres no black market for guns anywhere in the world.

Did you not know the North Hollywood shooters had full auto weapons?

Chidoro

Mar 4, 2015
Absolutely. Because theres no black market for guns anywhere in the world.

Did you not know the North Hollywood shooters had full auto weapons?
With that thought process, just throw up your hands and have anarchy. Why make a black market of hard to find items, just make them all readily available. Got it