LHC@home stats

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
So, I was crunching LHC@home back about 15 years ago, just picked it up again recently. I was still able to log in to my old account, installed BOINC,
attached to the project. All looks well, still on the TeAm. But, I can't seem to find my stats. The TeAm stats show 25 members, but not me...but
BOINC manager shows Team Anandtech. I saw that there was some sort of merge of LHC projects, am i maybe caught up in that?

Username is TA_JC.

Thanks and apologies if I've overlooked the obvious :eek:

JC

Reactions: Assimilator1

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Several projects implemented a privacy option: Users can select whether or not their stats are shown to 3rd party sites, such as Boincstats and FreeDC, and to other users at the project site itself (e.g. within team member lists). These are the projects which have it: Thread "In which project does a cruncher/user have to activate the GDPR-switch?"

Some of these projects added this option such that the status quo of existing users was preserved. But more of them, including LHC@home, added it such that existing users were switched to hidden stats (until the user goes to the web site and makes a different choice there).

To change this setting, log in at LHC@home, go to LHC@home preferences, then "Edit preferences", toggle the item "Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?", and click [Update preferences].

emoga

May 13, 2018
(ninja'd by Stefan)
Is this box is 'ticked' under your LHC@home preferences?

2020_04_06_15_34_49_Edit_LHC_home_preferences.png

Reactions: JC

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
AHA! Never would have found that!!!

I guess I have to wait for the stats to update before I reappear...will all my existing credit still go to the TeAm?

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Not by much ;)
Btw, currently not crunching LHC, I've got some WUs to do (d/l in error), atm Rosetta's got shorter deadlines so it's finishing those off before going through the LHC ones, then it'll be back to Rosetta for some months.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I'm crunching mostly Rosetta and Folding, but I do a lil LHC too, always been fascinated by the Giant Ring project. I think I joined LHC pretty much as soon as it came out, there was hardly ever any work and the WUs crashed out a lot. I think RC5 was my first DC project. My 'farm' back then was probably made up of an Athlon 2400, maybe a Duron 650@900, a Tualatin 1GHz, and possibly a K6/2-500. Some were just plugged together hastily without any cases :) I currently have 20 cores crunching, who knows how much more they produce than the 5 cores I had back then and use a lot less juice!

Reactions: Assimilator1

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ahhh them were the days! Hadn't realised you were an old skool cruncher ;).
Yea I had a K6-2 350@400 prior to coming on the internet (properly) & crunching SETI end of '99, then quickly found out their FPU was rubbish & not much better than the Pentium 200MMX @225 that I had previously! lol. Anyway my 1st cruncher (my next CPU), was a Celeron 366 @578 on SETI, it was a good cruncher in it's time :), still got that CPU now! (in a legacy rig that I never use, lol). I only joined LHC late in the end of 2013 despite always being interested in it, and until only last year getting WUs for it was rare event! lol