LGA 1155 Specific Land Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I'm not sure where this post belongs, but I received a used LGA 1155 motherboard today that looks to have a damaged land. The seller insists it works, and I am waiting for the CPU to check this out. The land, according to the land map, is "AJ39", which is ascribed the function "SA_DQ(54)," which can be found on page 98 of the datasheet.

Suppose the thing does boot, does that pin have any functionality in the average build? Is it a redundancy? I'd like to know what to look for to ensure the board will be suitable for my purposes. My instinct is to send it back, but with these kinds of situations there is always doubt in the mind of the seller whether the damage was caused by the buyer. I don't want to have to deal with that.

If this belongs in Motherboards, mod please move it for me. It seemed a bit more in depth than the average mobo question.

It's really hard to get a photo of it with my junky camera, but there it is in the left upper quadrant:

2dlojs1.jpg

Last edited:

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
BTW, if anyone feels like checking to make sure I have identified the land properly, that could possibly be enlightening.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Unfortunately it does appear you have the right land.

But these chips are dual channel. Maybe using only the second channel would work?

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
He swears he checked it out. I wonder if it can boot with that land open, but will of course fail Memtest or the like. Guess I am going to go ahead and check it out, but it's not looking good.

I really need to get a good magnifying glass. Those little things are too small for my middle-aged eyes!

Last edited:

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Confirmed that the board will not boot with any DIMM in channel A, which on this board is slots 2&4. So it's partially functional.

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck with it, I wonder if anyone would have a use for it.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Confirmed that the board will not boot with any DIMM in channel A, which on this board is slots 2&4. So it's partially functional.

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck with it, I wonder if anyone would have a use for it.

What I have done in the past is take a pin from another motherboard, and just put it in there. That works with intel boards and AMD CPU's from my experience. Give it a try, or even take out one of the redundant pins from that mobo and use it for the land.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Well, I was yanking on that one a bit to try and straighten it out and when it unfolded the end broke off. I'm not sure how I would replace one, seemed like it was in there pretty good.

I may offer it for sale and let someone with better eyes than me play with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.