N2gaming

Nov 5, 2006
Hello Folks,
So I'm getting ready to dump my iPhone 7 (great condition) and go back to Android, btw, my iPhone 7 works great and I haven't had any problems with it, it's just too small.

My searching around has led me to like these two, the Samsung 9+ and the LG V30, I really like what those two have to offer and yes I have read some bad things about the LG V30 but going into many forums it seems the LG owners love their phone.

Also, according to some, had a batch of bad screens with the first release and they said that LG has fixed that. So for you that have these phones could you tell me what you like and don't like about them.

Thanks, Jake

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I was just in the same position you were a few days ago due to T-Mobile's Military One program.

THe LG V30 looked nice, felt nice, has great user reviews, and was "buy one, get one". The Galaxy S9 (and Plus version) was the same thing, except were 50% off. The difference for us was two the four previous LG phones we used in the past had so many issues, and a couple ended up having to be RMA'd within a year.

So since we had better experiences with Samsung phones (oldest son still used a Note 3), we went that route. If LG has a better track record over the next several years, I would consider them again the next time we upgrade the phones in 2-4 years.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
After having an LGV10 and an LGV20 I gave up on LG for phones and stuck with Samsung. Currently have the Note 8 and S8+ and S9+. But for the hell of it I got a Moto Z2 Play (it was free) and am loving it! I bought the MotoMod JBL speaker and this is a fun phone. I dig it so much that I put my job phone, Google Pixel 2, up for sale.

N2gaming

Nov 5, 2006
I ended up getting the LGV30 and I'm glad I did its smooth as silk and fast, fast, fast...