LG 42LN5300 Dead

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
Is completely dead, no power indicator light, no nothing. Since I'm sure there's power coming thru the power cord, is there anything I can do to diagnose and repair this? A source for a power supply maybe, or even a schematic? Known issues? Thanks.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Usually something this catastrophic will involve either the power supply or the main board. I am sure there is a service manual somewhere online. Even without one, I would suggest unplugging and taking off the back panel to look and smell for blown capacitors or something burnt and crispy.

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
Thanks FK I have found the manual and done some troubleshooting and feel it's most likely the power supply. This link on Ebay has also given me a source for both parts and advice, seem like good folks and good prices. This link is for my power supply, but if you scroll down you'll see they offer tech help and advice, and I can attest to the fact that they respond to questions, even in Christmas week! Add it to your toolbox.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I have an LG 42LB5600 and I love it. If the thing ever died I would do my best to repair it. Which would probably be a lot of work and not ultimately possible. Then I'd have to replace it, which I bet I cannot do as old as it is.
Tried getting a Samsung 4k UHD television recently and I honestly did not love it. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the colors to be exactly like the LG. Sent it back.

If you ever take the back of your TV off, make sure to photograph it so we can see whats up. Most of us are curious little beavers and like to help when possible.

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
PS board on the left, main board on the right, T-con at the bottom covered by the metal grill. Speaker modules flank the T-con. Just a handful of screws and it pops right off! This is my 5300.20201226_111541.jpg

Reactions: shortylickens