Lexus to build ~355hp V8 IS430?

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
This post needs pics!!!

Good for Lexus. They could use some power in their line-up.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Didn't someone post pics of a modded IS430 like a year ago? Some tuner shop has already swapped in the 4.3 V8 from the LS...

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: boyRacer
Just put the supra turbo engine in there... perfect bolt on... :D
Yup.

Strange how the Supra engine doesn't fit in to the GS series without heavy modification:confused:

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
The IS430 has been rumored for a long while. It would be nice to see it in the lineup.

Especially with the 6speed Getrag ;)

oh yea and change the thread title, it will be NA from the article.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
um the article says The V8 will not be supercharged or turbocharged, so no turbo.

This has always been rumored, I'd be surprised if it makes production with a 6 speed man.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
um the article says The V8 will not be supercharged or turbocharged, so no turbo.

This has always been rumored, I'd be surprised if it makes production with a 6 speed man.

They already have a 6 speed model with a different Engine. 3S-GE or was it 3S-GTE
But it aint in the states :(

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: isekii

They already have a 6 speed model with a different Engine. 3S-GE or was it 3S-GTE

I'm just going off what they did in the US, not offering a manual IS until 1 or 2 (???) years later. Bascially when everybody and their mom begged them to make one.

But here's to hopin', maybe this will spur toyota to make another supra.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

I'm just going off what they did in the US, not offering a manual IS until 1 or 2 (???) years later. Bascially when everybody and their mom begged them to make one.

But here's to hopin', maybe this will spur toyota to make another supra.
they're supposed to be doing a new supra based off the new IS

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
wait a minute, I read that article. Now I remember why I didn't remember it (uh.. right), it's because it was a v6 n/a. :(

I guess we'll have to wait until more news comes about, like hp/weight/price/etc...

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
wait a minute, I read that article. Now I remember why I didn't remember it (uh.. right), it's because it was a v6 n/a. :(

I guess we'll have to wait until more news comes about, like hp/weight/price/etc...

I wish TRD would just release a Bolt on Turbo or Super charger kit. :p

I wouldn't mind having the 3S-GTE with the 6 speed tranny. 210hp and 160ish hp I believe or it's near there. It's a 4 banger ;)

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Theres companies that specializes in swapping it with the 2JZ-GTE... tee hee... 500HP IS300 hahaha... :D

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Theres companies that specializes in swapping it with the 2JZ-GTE... tee hee... 500HP IS300 hahaha... :D

You don't need to even swap it with the 2JZ-GTE, There are people who have just bolted on a turbo kit (Stage 2) on stock internals running 500+ HP easy safely as a daily driver.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001

You don't need to even swap it with the 2JZ-GTE, There are people who have just bolted on a turbo kit (Stage 2) on stock internals running 500+ HP easy safely as a daily driver.

I'm not a big fan of that though... although some people believe its the only way to go ... i think one of the fastest Supras in the US was running a turboed GE... would probably mean less headaches too since you don't have to pull out the motor. :)

stevens

Aug 11, 2001
Why doesnt Toyota just release the tt engine again!? Its there they have it and it fits in a ton of their cars (gs300, sc300, is300). If they would just put that engine in those cars they could have some insanely fast car. Why try and put that v8 in there?????? They are over complicating things.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: stevens
Why doesnt Toyota just release the tt engine again!? Its there they have it and it fits in a ton of their cars (gs300, sc300, is300). If they would just put that engine in those cars they could have some insanely fast car. Why try and put that v8 in there?????? They are over complicating things.

B/C V8 says luxury which is what Lexus is all about. TT's are for more sporty vehicles.