Lexmark Z54se Color Inkjet Printer $29.98 after $40 rebate

r01axb

Mar 11, 2003
Lexmark Z54se Color Inkjet Printer $29.98 after $40 rebate plus other deals at Staples 7 day online savings event

Link

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Not bad, but you should add a $6 item so that you could use the $15 off of $75 coupon. This would bring it down to around 20 bucks.

loosebrad

Apr 1, 2003
I bought one of these for my son's use (for the same price, about tem months ago) and it has been a disappointment - printing quality is poor (uneven lines, rapid depletion of ink), and the drivers have had to be installed about four times.

Gmetech

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: loosebrad
I bought one of these for my son's use (for the same price, about tem months ago) and it has been a disappointment - printing quality is poor (uneven lines, rapid depletion of ink), and the drivers have had to be installed about four times.
My Epson 880 gives jagged lines too... I wonder what causes that?.... and rapid depletion of ink, yeah I guess that too, but I expected that (stupid printer cleans it's heads about every time it's used).

Anyone have any recommendations on an inkjet printer to look out for a deal on, that doesn't have these issues?

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on that.. for $20 with the coupon, I might have jumped on this deal. :Q

Souka

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: loosebrad

Look for reviews on the Z54se.....they're notorious for using ink, ink which is among the most expensive of all brands.

My $.02 of info.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I got decent print quality out of mine, but I agree the ink prices are outrageous. Third party ink is hard to find, and the few vendors I didn find have a very poor quality product (it looks like they did refills on old cartgridges with an injection kit, and the ink was very bland and clogged all the time). This was the first Lexmark I've tried, and I do like the print speed, but I think I'll go back to Epson on my next pritner.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I bought a cheap Lexmark about 15 months ago. The print quality was fair at best, but it would never even load a piece of paper straight unless you helped guide it. I had only paid $30 for it so I decided that it wasn't worth spending $60 + for new cartridges. I ended up buying another Canon, getting an I550 for $90. Exceptional print quality, reasonably priced ink with four separate cartrudges. Oh yea I forgot to mention that Lexmark drank ink! It's all just to get you buying their high-priced ink cartridges.

Macro2

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
Buy several. WHen the ink runs out it's cheaper just throw the printer a way and go to the next one.

anglo

Jan 5, 2002
I bought the Canon i320 from OD, just because I didn't want to spend $50 on my Lexmark Z22 ink cartridges (the printer was $44).

It's great so far. I have just replaced the Black ink (from EZrefills) and am now about to replace the color one. Cartridges shipped to my home were under $10 (generic) together!

So far so good. Beautiful photos!!

2 people at work also got in on the deal with the $30 rebate making it a $29 printer+tax.

It's running $59 (I think) at OD now, but go over $50 and there's both free shipping and a coupon out there!

It's worth the try.

SwishSween

Sep 27, 2001
Actually, from what I remember of the rebate on the staples site, you can get up to 5 printers and 5 rebates. If you needed that many printers, or just wanted the print cartridges, that would be the way to go. I just needed a cheap color printer (I love my laser printer :) ) and I saw over on chubby-bubba's that there's $40 in rebates on the MS wireless base station. Good package to combine with a coupon.