Lets sell Florida to the Cubans...

Heifetz

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Florida has lost its right to be a state. The Elian fiasco was bad enough, but now this? Doesn't Florida's citizens ever get sick of making the US look bad? I think we can get at least 100 Billion for Florida, and maybe use that to pay back part of our debt.

Heifetz

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Cool, just dash across the Georgia border for some cheap rum and Monte Cristos.

ltk007, let them keep the old people as free gift. You know, like when you subscribe to Sports Illustrated. Although you don't want the swinsuit portion of this bonus.

Windogg

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Childish innuendo will not impress anyone in ths forum. The United States has done a good enough job of looking stupid with or without Florida.

Is your tagline a personal conviction?

Heifetz

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
rickn: So I guess you were one of those 17,000 that decided to vote for two candidates?

Heifetz

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Most Floridians came from up north so we only look bad because we are kind enough to take your rejects ya piece of sh!t!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hehe, as Bober already alluded to, possession is 9/10s of the law. So it's all Fidels fault!!

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
The southern 1/4 already belongs to Cuba. You find more people speaking Spanish in the stores down there than English.

There is a lot of money in Palm Beach County. Who would make up for the lost tax revenue?

A large percentage of the people in Florida are originally from another state or country. I'll bet half have been here less than ten years.

ilkhan_v4

Oct 24, 1999
As someone BORN in Florida (not living there for less than 10 years as you'd have most of us believe), I'm finding this a little offensive. If this had happened to any other state, we'd be making fun of them too. It's ganging up on the weakest kid on the playground all over again. Personally, I'm glad they're recounting the votes, instead of just letting it slide. They're sticking to the law.

<< You find more people speaking Spanish in the stores down there than English. >>

This sounds like it's coming from someone who truly knows something about Florida. What, did the tour guide tell you that? I could make the same assumption about California. After all, half of them are illegal aliens, right? And people in Wisconsin make cheese, Texans all work for the prison system, Georgians and Alabama residents are all in the KKK, New Yorkers all live in New York City, and Lousiana residents are all Cajun. Fill in the blank and I can stereotype your home state too.

That being said, yes, there are a lot of old people in Florida, but hey, Pennsylvania (where I currently live) has a lot too. Big deal. Don't stereotype it as the home of Disney World, retirement homes, and beaches. I don't think I need to point out the blunders of some of the other states. Look, we're all part of the same country here. Why would you target them for doing their job? Sorry if it took so long, but hey, those are the rules. Besides, if you're so caught up in this that you need to have the results of the election RIGHT NOW, you need to find something else to do.

Oh, and I might remind you that the Elian &quot;fiasco&quot; was caused by the FEDERAL government. It just happened to take place in Florida. Don't make fun of Florida just because it's fashionable.

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Stop your dumb racist postings dudes!! Native Americans had their own languages, and since we live on their land(sorry, but it is true), why don't we speak their language??

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
ilkhan_v4

Yup. Me, too. And I have been none too pleased with the horrible things people have been saying... I have really taken offense to some of it, but it seems to be open season on us this week. Some of it has been in good humor, but a lot of it is just... awful. Racist, agist, etc. :(

When I said something negative about 'the other side' earlier today, I got lambasted. Amazingly, inflammatory things continue to be said about my state and my people and this is 'acceptable'. I did notice a particularly nasty thread getting by DainBramage getting locked immediately, thank goodness.

Like me, you might want to just block it out. It isn't worth your time.

CliffC

Oct 24, 2000
For anyone to let something that some bloke said or wrote that was blatantly harsh about about your state or the people thereof get to you makes you sound weaker minded than the bloke.:disgust: Just let it go on by because it's irrelevent.:cool:

Isla I know the first part of this my state and my people . Is the second part the people of Florida or did you mean a different group?:confused:

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I'm of Cuban heritage, and I have had enough bashing for one day, thanks.

:(

CliffC

Oct 24, 2000
Isla

It saddens me that you would think that I would bash you when it was apparent by your post that you were having a bad time with this.:(:(:(

The only reason I asked about the my people is because in my 30some odd years I don't think I had ever seen that in a sentence that wasn't encased in some militantagitators speech.:confused::frown::confused:

Not everybody is out to pound on you about this Isla, some of use are just reading the posts and asking questions of the posters. It's as simple as that.:)

Hey and all you guys dumping on Florida...Knock that sh!t off!

You're pissin off the women and it might seem funny now but when you're sitting around here by yourselves talking about how the 4th day with the same underwear is starting to make your ass itch you'll wish you had shut up!:|:|:|

I'm not kidding that's it.;)

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Lets invest in making florida a seprate island, and it can be a wildlife/old people refuge....and they will have rights just like animals they have rights, but they cant vote just like animals cant. That would solve all our problems.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
hey dumbass.....look what i said &quot;Lets invest in making florida a seprate island&quot;
i said to invest in making, meaning to make, florida an island

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
ok, and when we do that, can we send all the ignorant racists that are making the dumb comments about floridians there too?

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
bonk

If I wasn't a married woman.... I would shower some serious lovin' on you!

;) ;) ;) ;)

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
im not racist, u dumbass,
how can i be &quot;racist&quot; twords old people. let alone floridians, which is not a real race, its actualy buncha people