Let's play Diablo II

DarK SagE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Is that gonna be a premenant server? I wanna do this when i get the game sometime this week.

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Dark Sage,

Is there anything special I have to do to make it a permanent server?
Like, do I need to have the play disc in the cd-rom 24/7?

I have an extra CII at 850 computer sitting around so I would'nt
mind dedicating it for some Anandtech Guild play.

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
would we have to log into Battlenet?
Also, I assume you cannot use your single player character?

The reason I am asking is because I don't have a battlenet character yet...

TomFoolery

Banned
May 24, 2000
yeah u would have to logon and make a new char, since single player characters arent portable with battlenet realms. the advantages are that there is no hacking or cheating of any kind int he realm games, not only is it not possible, its illegal because the users would havet to hackt he blizzard servers.

the disadvantages are that there is lag, and at this ti me of night, A WHOLE lot of lag. if u do make a char on the realms, make it on US east.]

Freeze

Oct 15, 1999
open and realm characters are separate. Realm characers are only playable on the battle.net servers. open characters can be your single player character or a character that you create solely for MP. Realm games aren't susceptible to hacks and cheats because the characters are hosted by the battle.net servers. This way you can play a realm game from anywhere that has a net connection and Diablo 2...

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I just got booted out of your game Mister T, and I can't get back in.

trmiv (aka Volitan in D2)

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
sorry guys..
its back up!
My monitor hanged...
it got all fuzzy.... I was toggling too much

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999
Mister T: Next time try to plan stuff like that at least a day ahead. You'll get a lot more people that way.

Thanks