Let's hear it for the first COUNTERSTRIKE STRATEGY THREAD!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

M00T

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2000
when they make a grapple hook for counterstrike, I'll play... till then, quake 3A classic ctf is my game

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
My Strat,

Tell my team to "Storm the Front!!!" then I sit back and wait for either them to get killed or for them to kill someone then I move in. I try to be the last guy alive on my team, this way If I kill the other team entirely, they'll praise me as their god. ;) ;) I use this sparingly, when I am sucking (like my score is 5/10)

I use the mp5 Navy ALOT, it stores the most ammo and is hella accurate. As for the pistol, i leave it on default, I always buy a grenade and armor/helmet.

I'm using the M3 shotgun now, its fun, but it blocks my viewing area with the barrel as I'm reloading it, its really annoying, but doesn't bring down the fun factor of me popping one guy with just one shot.

I only play on this server : [clan du jour] CS B7 Dust 24/7 (24.0.17.57)
My sn on CS is: --------AlphaIVT--------

What are your guys sn on CS?

The server reloads the map dust every 25 min. Its hosted off a 0C48 Connection by @home, really fast, my ping was 20-40 (using net_graph 3) but now Beta7 brings it up to 100-250. REally sucky. But I own everyone, I joke around first round, when next round starts I say "I'm the best" and they say, "you're gay, you suck, i'm going to fvck you up!" But I never lie...

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
my CS name's [KU]Tero. I play mostly on K10 and Husker Death League. Drop me a line if you ever want to play.

I ran a server last year, may do it again if I collect enough hardware.

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
There really is no strategy for CS, if you suck, you suck. Strafe? Its common sense, no idiot would run straight at you with his knife, nor would you.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
The only real strategy I had was to figure out the maps and what people tended to do in those maps. Also you have to adjust for different styles in different servers. For instance, in the House/mansion level, as CT you run as fast as you can into the house and you will catch a few T's off guard who are looking down the stairs or out the window. As a T, you know that a lot of the CT's are going to go to the back of the house for entry, so you hang out the side window and snipe a few and go back in the house when there's too much heat.

Think like the enemy. It works because you're playing against real players, and they take a few rounds to learn. hehe

Good luck.

I'm proud to say I've been CS-free for several weeks and no longer show withdrawal symptoms. =)

Tonec

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
In CS, ping erases all the advantages of strategy, teamwork, skill - too many hitscan weapons.

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
Seph, didn't you get my ICQ? I'll beat you tomorrow at around 3-4:30, and I'll beat you more later at 9:00-11:00

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
MP5 owns everyone... Just got a 2shot burst headshot from across the warehouse on Assault on a moving target... :p

Had to be a good 60 yards.

Ended up 103-48... Gotta love that map :)

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
mp5 is a safebet and most allaround that works most of the times....
BUT! if you are in a headshot groove do yourself a favor and get a tmp! this is one awesome kllin tool although it needs 3 headshots against a helmet (as opposed to 2 for other weapons) and when you are outnumbered you get butchered...
one thing many people neglect is para is THE gun if you know how to use it. well that may pertain any gun in the game but have you seen someone really good with para? they will rarely ever die. in mid-close range 1 on 1 combat you cant lose... its like a supercharged commando (almost) :)

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have't played 7 yet (had to remove CS from my machine because I was getting crazy from lack of sleep). In reading the comments here:

Good thing they reduced the effectiveness of the AK -- it was too powerful if you knew how to use it. The heavy round combined with excellent short burst accuracy with a low cost was unbalancing. Too many people would fire off long bursts though and ruin it.

Dear God, the auto shotgun is BETTER in 7??? That was already the best short range weapon in the game (at least for me), and I rarely used it since it was so easy on many of the maps.

Here's a question: Would you buy a better weapon and no armor, or spend money on armor and buy a lesser weapon? I tend to buy the armor and stick with a pistol (SIG, USP , or deagle) if it's difference between having armor and not. If you only have a little over $1000, do you buy the vest/helmet and forget weaponry aside from the pistol, or do you buy the vest and buy perhaps a grenade to increase your weaponry (somewhat depends on the map, too)? I'm just curious what people think is the better course of action. I only played for something like 4-5 weeks before stopping because it is so addictive. I need to get a better connection before I start again because mine will have awful ping times right now.