Let's draw parallels between Tim McVeigh and the NRA

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by micrometers, Jan 22, 2013.

1. soulcougher73

Well condicering car...big word here "accidents" and drownings are..again big word "accidents" versus planned murder of people.

Yeah not drawing the same conclusion youd like. Sorry.

2. Cerb

Cerb Elite Member

You're right. They've been replaced by black and hispanic gangs. Totally not worth having insurance against.
    Bullshit. Foxes, wolves, badgers, coyotes, possums, armadillos, bears, feral dogs, feral hogs, and more, are still very much a real problem, today. We may be largely urban/suburban, but you want to *** people over, that aren't, apparently. Why? I've got vegetables in my fridge right now, from people that need to carry a sidearm when they go outside on their property, and not due to human threats. They aren't way off in the frontier--they're less than 10 miles from the city.

Hell, I'm in the middle of suburbia, and badgers, possums, and foxes are a serious problem. They aren't a real threat to me personally, but they have torn up some folks property, killed pets, etc.. We occasionally are warned to not let children play outside as it gets dark, due to the foxes, and occasional feral dogs. And this is in the suburbs, with lit streets, doors left unlocked, multiple supermarkets only a couple miles away, etc..

Try getting out into the rest of the USA, one day. You might be surprised by what it's like.

3. Puddle Jumper

Puddle Jumper Platinum Member

You do realize a. 357 is much more deadly than the tiny 5.7x28mm round right?

Thank you for continuing to display your ignorance about guns.

4. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

5. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

This, These gangs are extremely dangerous and people should be able to defend themselves against them

6. Darwin333

Darwin333 Lifer

Yes.

I understand but that wasn't my point at all.
    I don't think ANYONE has an issue with taking guns away from people who have been proven by some sort of measure to be batshit crazy. Not only do I not have a problem with it but I think it is something that we should strive to do better. With that said, that alone wouldn't have stopped the recent school shooting.

Furthermore, I think you might be a bit confused about the state of mental health in our country. For instance, do you realize that most people with severe mental health issues go untreated for long periods of time? Do you realize how hard it is to forcibly commit people that are completely batshit crazy for periods of time more than a few weeks at most? Do you realize that in some places you might only have a choice of a single mental health professional to see and how hard it is to get an appointment with that person? The list of things broken with our mental health system goes on and on.

7. Darwin333

Darwin333 Lifer

Shrug, I despise both parties. Do either party have a mental health bill in the works that doesn't include other shit like gun bans?

8. Darwin333

Darwin333 Lifer

Sadly, so do the righties. The righties just want to strip different rights away from us. At the end of the day that leaves us with two groups of assholes who wish to strip our rights but each group wants to strip different rights which leaves us even more fucked.

IF you are a Republican please stop pretending that your side is some preserver of our rights and civil liberties. They may be on this one individual right but they are completely opposite (as are many of their sheeple) on many more equally important rights and liberties.

9. airdata

airdata Diamond Member

10. davmat787

davmat787 Diamond Member

11. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

Plenty of reasons to need a FiveSeven.

Its not a 9mm, 38, 357, 556, 308, 40, 45, for one. If you already have one or several of those, a FiveSeven is a unique addition.

Low recoil, perfect for women and children to shoot.

Do you want one, and can you afford it? If yes, you need it.

12. micrometers

micrometers Diamond Member

negatives -- FT Hood.

Good to see you enjoy the company of murderers.

13. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

And if he had had a 9mm it would have made a difference? (This should be good)

14. Puddle Jumper

Puddle Jumper Platinum Member

Nice to see you ignoring any facts that get in the way of your delusional ranting.

15. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

Yep he sure does, just like armed police who may use the same weapon.

Are you resorting to rank trolling now in the absence of respectful debate?

16. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

He's trolling. Karmy has no desire to contribute to a conversation. I picture him much like that troll a UK news agency tracked down. Overweight, smoking, wearing clothes that look like they came out of a good will dumpster, and hateful all around.

17. micrometers

If he had a six shooter, yes it would have been prevented.

The dude had 30 round extended magazines.

18. micrometers

considering the "conversation" you guys had with Charles K, it's the only way.

19. micrometers

Oh, that was so not racist now was it? Black and hispanic gangs aren't going out targeting guys like you. They mainly prey on their own and fight over like drug territory. Not going to bother a stranger like you.

Of course some foxes still exist but you don't need 310 million firearms to deal with the dwindling population.

20. Charles Kozierok

Charles Kozierok Elite Member

Hey, please leave me out of this. I spent time answering you seriously, and you basically ignored it and went right back to the association fallacies.

21. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

Wait wait wait, so if he'd had 6 shots at a time, the entire shooting would have been prevented? :D

God you're so delightfully stupid. Seriously, I hope you get elected to congress. Even the gun banners will want to distance themselves from you. :D

Ever hear of speed loaders? Train a little and you can reload a revolver almost as fast as you can an auto. That's assuming he gave a *** about following the law in the first place.

22. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

Taking Karmy seriously isn't worth it. He'll just end up ignoring you the moment you make a legitimate point.

23. Cerb

Cerb Elite Member

No, it wasn't. It's fact. Their background is used as a way to make their belonging in the group exclusive, to help reinforce dependence on the gang for emotional well-being. White and Asian gangs exist, too, but aren't much of a widespread problem, outside of our [broken] prison system. It is the nature of any gang to be exclusive, and use that exclusivity to allow those in its higher ranks to keep the gullible and needy under their control.

That the ones posing the greatest problems are black or latino is not racist at all. It is a consequence of their immigration and socioeconomic status, in the case of hispanics, and socioeconomic status and historical abuse and neglect, as a portion of society, in the case of blacks. Gangs that cause problems for the public are going to be mostly of minorities, because of racism. Pointing out that they are of those minorities, however, is no more racist than pointing out that white supremacist groups have been a problem in the Upper Midwest. It's just how it is.

Unless you've got something they want, or your house just looks like a good place to rob. Or, maybe you're stuck in the middle somewhere, getting gas, or depositing a check. Whatever. Point is, there is societal turbulence, and you are responsible for defending yourself against it, if any spills over to you. You are also empowered to, in most states, and that is fundamentally the correct way to handle it.

How many there are is irrelevant. The one you have that is effective is all that matters. To have one effective at any given point in time, it would be helpful to have 2, or maybe 3. It doesn't matter how many other people have. That's their business, as long as they are not of a class that has shown themselves to be untrustworthy with them (certain felons, and crazies).

#173 Cerb, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  24. micrometers

speed loaders are still slower than 30 round magazine changes.

25. Londo_Jowo

Londo_Jowo Lifer

He changed sides so many times in the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin thread that I lost count. I'm beginning to think he may be bi-polar.