Less buggy version of Synergy for Windows 7?

Bulldog13

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2002
Can anyone recommend a Synergy alternative for Windows 7?

I am currently using it, and like it, but sometimes it takes me 10 minutes of starting and stopping the program /reboots on the client/host to finally get them to talk.

Assuming the problem is not specific to my machine, does anyone know of any alternatives ?

llee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2009
i haven't heard of a software alternative. how about using a dual monitor setup for one pc and maximizing a vnc client window on one of the monitors?

11thHour

Feb 20, 2004
Can't say I've had that difficult of time with synergy. What version are you using? The latest is 1.4.2. What bothered me the most though is not being able to move the mouse to another computer when the cpu utilization is high...frustrating.

About 6 months ago I dumped synergy and went with maxivista. It isn't free, but has copy/paste text and files between computers, and allows the user to expand the desktop to the other computer's monitor, and conveniently toggle this feature on and off. A really nice program overall.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
cpu itilization isn't a problem with synergy fro me (booth are maxed out a lot doing video encodes). i have found something close, like then playing a video for example and there's a delay reading a source for whatever reason causing the player to hang for a few secs.

during that time, it wont let me get off the server PC. thankfully, that annoyance is rare

will check out maxivista :)