LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - SecuROM issue

JavaUpdate

May 23, 2020
Hello.
So I recently got a new laptop and I am really happy bcs of that in general.
But as soon as I realised it has no place when I can insert my DVD version of this game, it drastically became much less awesome.

I tried making an iso image of the disc, however when I try to launch it, it returns with an error that SecuROM has determined that my computer does not have a CD or DVD drive. It is true, that's a fact, but my question is: Is there any way to launch it somehow despite all of that?

I just don't want to spend money to buy the game again, that's all.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Hello.
So I recently got a new laptop and I am really happy bcs of that in general.
But as soon as I realised it has no place when I can insert my DVD version of this game, it drastically became much less awesome.

I tried making an iso image of the disc, however when I try to launch it, it returns with an error that SecuROM has determined that my computer does not have a CD or DVD drive. It is true, that's a fact, but my question is: Is there any way to launch it somehow despite all of that?

I just don't want to spend money to buy the game again, that's all.
If you have your product key you can activate it on Steam. It's at the top under Games > Activate a Product on Steam.

JavaUpdate

May 23, 2020
The problem is that I didn't bought it with the Steam key.

It was bought a couple of yrs ago, with an installer on the disc.

JavaUpdate

May 23, 2020
I don't want to buy an external disc drive either. It would be almost the same, as I would buy the game on Steam.

ZeroRift

Apr 13, 2005
You could try loading up one of the old disc emulators like Daemon tools. That's how ISO mounting and SecuROM emulation was done back in the day.

I haven't used a tool like that in probably 10 years though, so YMMV.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The problem is that I didn't bought it with the Steam key.

It was bought a couple of yrs ago, with an installer on the disc.

Does not matter.
You can install non-steam games in steam so long as you have a code to enter.
Thats how I got Counterstrike and Counterstrike CZ on steam, with my disc codes. And a couple other games.

JavaUpdate

May 23, 2020
@shortylickens I don't think you understand what I tried to say. There was no code on the disc or anything else (like the box or anything else). The disc had an installer of the game and that's it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OH SORRY!
Yeah I do not know what to tell you at this point. If you wanna play you may need to just install Steam and buy it there.