Lego my computer!

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Ars Technica reports that some guy built a gaming computer case entirely out of Legos. If that wasn't cool enough, he made it X-shaped!

Lego-Gaming-Computer.jpg

Now I'm wondering how hard it would be to build a simpler case out of Legos? I'd love to make a custom mini-ITX case. But how expensive would it be?

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
This sort of thing is actually pretty common. Still cool though, especially when done well.

edit: Wow this was actually pretty extensive. The guy ripped apart his psu because it was too cheap and soldered on higher quality capacitors. that seems like a bad idea for me. lol. and uses a custom aluminum heatsink for his 980ti that is cut to fit a Noctua NH-U12S over the core. haha he was pretty serious about this. he is also selling the cases and custom systems built within if you're inclined. http://www.totalgeekdom.com/?page_id=3781

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2011
Nice.

Lego boxen have been a thing since forever - the main problem IMO is thermal conductivity and the high cost of Lego.

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
I've never seen a tower heat sink actually mounted on a GPU so that was cool too. :thumbsup: