Left turn on red arrow light (photo enforce camera intersection)

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Before I even say anything if you want to say anything stupid then just don't post.

I made a left turn on red arrow were there are photo cameras. Do you think I will get a ticket? Or is it because it a left turn the angle is not right for the camera to take a picture of my license plate? For those that are from Los Angeles. I made a left turn on Wilshire blvd from Sepulveda blvd

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Ylen13
I made a left turn on red arrow were there are photo cameras. Do you think I will get a ticket?
think about what you just said. if you got a ticket, would it be the camera's fault?

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: m2kewl
I made a left turn on red arrow were there are photo cameras. Do you think I will get a ticket?
think about what you just said. if you got a ticket, would it be the camera's fault?

i didn't ask if it would be camera fault. I asked if the camera was able to take the picture of my plate because i was turning, which makes my licences plate at angle

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
A left onto a one-way street on a red light should be legal. I believe it's illegal if it's a two-way street.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: X-Man
A left onto a one-way street on a red light should be legal. I believe it's illegal if it's a two-way street.

its a two way street so i know i broke a law the only question i have now is would the camera take a picture if so would my licences plate be readable?

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Azraele
Why didn't you just wait for the light to turn?

i was behind pack of cars that were all making a turn on left on green arrow. When i got the intersection the light turned to yellow but i had a big truck behind me and i was not sure if he would stop or go so i decided not to take a chances of getting hit and made a turn and hen i realized that there were cameras at the intersection

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
its a two way street so i know i broke a law the only question i have now is would the camera take a picture if so would my licences plate be readable?

yes, it's readable and they can enhence the image. i've been busted once for running a red in nyc, got the ticket via mail showing my plate #. you will pay a fine (no points - in nyc) since car is registered to your name - since they can't determine the driver.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001

yes, it's readable and they can enhence the image. i've been busted once for running a red in nyc, got the ticket via mail showing my plate #. you will pay a fine (no points - in nyc) since car is registered to your name - since they can't determine the driver.

k thanks i dont' care alot about the money, i care more about the points

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001

k thanks i dont' care alot about the money, i care more about the points

I don't think that you will get points when the camera takes the picture. You'll get a bill sent though.

Jul 12, 2001
dont u know its legal in los angeles to make a left turn up to 3 cars after the light has turned red???

obviously u havnt lived here long :)

...i once got flashed at that intersection on wilshire going west...but i guess it was the car next to me that was also behind that really got flashed cause i never got a ticket...i didnt think it was red, but it flashed

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
When they send you the ticket they will send a copy of the photo.

Send a photo of the money to pay the ticket.:D

Kwatt

PS: Someone tried this already.(in Atlanta Ga I think?)

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
real answer: if it was night and you didn't see a flash, you didn't get busted. if there was a flash, you're busted. if it was daytime, you were busted if they have a camara pointing in your direction. the intersections i've seen have mulitple camaras in different locations to catch people going all directions. but maybe you got lucky.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
I can give you a little bonus here, maybe.

Do you have a front license plate?

If the answer is no then you'll receive no ticket. :)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If the camera is there to catch people doing exactly what you did, then yes.. you will get a ticket.

If it wasn't and your plate isn't visable, maybe you got lucky.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDingleDangle
dont u know its legal in los angeles to make a left turn up to 3 cars after the light has turned red???

...i once got flashed at that intersection on wilshire going west...but i guess it was the car next to me that was also behind that really got flashed cause i never got a ticket...i didnt think it was red, but it flashed

i been leaving here 12 years and driving 5 of them. Usually i woudn't ask the question but this was an arrow light intersection so i wasn't sure

as for if it was day or night time. It was day time. Otherwise if it was night i could tell if it flash. The only thing could be in my favor is it was really sunny and hopefully sun got in to the picture and blindind the camera

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli
If the camera is there to catch people doing exactly what you did, then yes.. you will get a ticket.

If it wasn't and your plate isn't visable, maybe you got lucky.
California has reather complicated rules with regard to automated traffic cameras. You're oversimplifying things.

Jul 12, 2001

i been leaving here 12 years and driving 5 of them. Usually i woudn't ask the question but this was an arrow light intersection so i wasn't sure

as for if it was day or night time. It was day time. Otherwise if it was night i could tell if it flash. The only thing could be in my favor is it was really sunny and hopefully sun got in to the picture and blindind the camera
\

I would be surprised if u get on....i drive through that intersection everyday and everyday i see people doing exactly what u did...either they dont send out a lot of tickets or Los Angeles is making A LOT of money...

u can normally see it flash in the daytime too...

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001

\

I would be surprised if u get on....i drive through that intersection everyday and everyday i see people doing exactly what u did...either they dont send out a lot of tickets or Los Angeles is making A LOT of money...

u can normally see it flash in the daytime too...

well i hope they don't send out alot of ticket but i know its not the fact. I hope the camera was out of film which happens alot