Left 4 Dead free weekend

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
For those of you that want to try before you buy,

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=9170

To celebrate Halloween, we are unleashing L4D2 on the world. Starting this Thursday, the entire game will be free to play for the whole weekend. New players can begin pre-loading now. For long time players, it is time to welcome your new found friends and help them survive the zombie apocalypse.

Starts Thursday the 25th

Usually, when there is a free weekend there is also a deep discount.

Last edited:

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Well that's funny, I just spent the past hour scouring for Walking Dead mods for L4D2 (and sadly not finding any).

monkey333

Apr 20, 2007
Well that's funny, I just spent the past hour scouring for Walking Dead mods for L4D2 (and sadly not finding any).

That would be awesome.. I fire it up every now and then. Glad #3 hasn't come out yet, I got no time for it with 2 little ones.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
That would be awesome.. I fire it up every now and then. Glad #3 hasn't come out yet, I got no time for it with 2 little ones.

My friends and I settled for the Romero mod. It removes special infected, and makes common infected slower and much stronger, so headshots are the only way to kill quick (hunting rifle takes 3 body shots to down a zombie for example). Also includes a weapon accuracy mod that makes things less accurate so it's more realistic, also removes ammo indicators and whatnot as well as music cues (incoming horde and stuff)

You wouldn't think it, but it was awesome. You can easily get overwhelmed without realizing it, especially when there's no music to warn you of incoming hordes. It's about as close as we could get to the Walking Dead experience, and it was really fun. The atmosphere was more tense and the gunplay and ammo changes naturally kept us from just spraying bullets and running around. Instead we'd move around slower and line up careful shots.

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
My friends and I settled for the Romero mod. It removes special infected, and makes common infected slower and much stronger, so headshots are the only way to kill quick (hunting rifle takes 3 body shots to down a zombie for example). Also includes a weapon accuracy mod that makes things less accurate so it's more realistic, also removes ammo indicators and whatnot as well as music cues (incoming horde and stuff)

You wouldn't think it, but it was awesome. You can easily get overwhelmed without realizing it, especially when there's no music to warn you of incoming hordes. It's about as close as we could get to the Walking Dead experience, and it was really fun. The atmosphere was more tense and the gunplay and ammo changes naturally kept us from just spraying bullets and running around. Instead we'd move around slower and line up careful shots.

That sounds awesome. Thanks for the suggestion; I need to play this.

hoorah

Dec 8, 2005
Same. It sounds awesome!

If you like that, you might also want to check out a source mod called Zombie Panic Source. Zombies are slow-ish, can take big amounts of damage. You have to hit them in the head for quick kills. Difference is the zombies are controlled by dead players, so they're smart.

It was probably my favorite game until DayZ came out. At the same time, the devs made some changes to the game I don't agree with and the community has been getting smaller. One of these days though I'll fire it back up. Man I loved that game.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I thought Zombie Panic Source was strictly a multiplayer game? Does it have L4D's 4 player co-op vs AI?