Left 4 Dead 3 News

brokEN2

Oct 6, 2011
www.cbcast.com
Id say its true mainly on the fact that I remember at some showing valve did there was images of a Left 4 Dead game in the source 2 engine I believe. Also if they are an ex-employee Im sure its true but only time will tell.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I hope L4D3 will be on Source 2, should be.

And, that line made me laugh:

" Left 4 Dead 3 will also be released ahead of Half Life 3, another FPS title by Valve that has received no updates so far. "

Seriously, which games in the industry would not be released ahead of Half-Life 3?

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
L4D did everything it is ever going to do as a series. Finish HL before Generation X dies out plz.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
And we still dont have Half Life 3.

WTF?

I gave up a long time ago.

I was really into the series. It's been so long, I'm not going to play it out of spite.

I generally like Valve, but fuck them for dropping the ball.

HL3 still being a pipe dream is an absolute business failure on their part.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I hope L4D3 will be on Source 2, should be.

And, that line made me laugh:

" Left 4 Dead 3 will also be released ahead of Half Life 3, another FPS title by Valve that has received no updates so far. "

Seriously, which games in the industry would not be released ahead of Half-Life 3?

They managed to get Dukem Nukem Forever out before Half Life 3, OR Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Thats just sad.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I gave up a long time ago.

I was really into the series. It's been so long, I'm not going to play it out of spite.

I like Valve, done no wrong in my book so far, but it is a getting to be a long time. I tend to think it because they really want to make sure its good, but I am starting to think with STEAM they are rolling in cash Scrooge McDuck style, why work on a game? I cant blame um either, if I found a way to make gobs of money, I sure wouldn't work more then to make sure the gobs of money came in.

As for L4D3 cant wait, LFD2 is my most played game on STEAM.

/edit/ just read the story, a YEAR OR MORE, I say hangings to good for um, burning to good for um! VALVE get it together!

Last edited:

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
While I like Left 4 Dead, I'd wayyyyyyyyyy rather see Half-Life 3 (hell, even Episode 3) before a new L4D.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
hl3 doesn't even interest me. l4d3 i'd buy. it's a great series. I do wish co-op games could be a little bit bigger though. Maybe 6 or 8 players. Obviously most maps are designed for 4 players but some of the community servers allow 8 players and it works on custom maps like helms deep reborn.

I don't know if any of you played zombie master but that was basically a survival/mission based co-op game. The neat thing is there was one zombie master that was in a rts mode and they could trigger traps, unleash zombies with different abilities. Would be cool to see a mode like that in l4d3. A Human AI director mode or something.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011

I understand your frustration. I want HL3 too. But Valve's absolute business failure? I think NOT devoting resources to HL3 was the right decision from company's perspective.

Valve is rich as ever in epic proportions thanks to Steam. Also Valve has wisely adopted microtransaction model of Dota 2- their biggest cash cow.

Of course L4D3 will come out, because it's a casual game. L4D2 was not even a sequel. Same engine, minor differences, it should be called an upgrade. By that precedence, L4D3 will be a 'pressure-free' product of a sequel that'll make $$$.

Half Life is different. Every HL revolutionalized FPS gaming. I don't need to state how HL1 changed the FPS industry. Same for HL2- I still remember vividly how floored I was at gravity gun and true physics interaction in 3D environment.

So, HL3 will be held to same expectation for making a ground-breaking transformation of a game. And that's a near impossible, tall order today.

I'm not even mad if HL3 never comes out. Hell, people who loved HL1 & 2 are fathers in 30-50s now. We are no longer the target mass audience.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Newell confirmed in an interview not too long ago that HL3 is not even on their radar. Not started, not planned. The only thing he wouldn't commit on was that it would never happen. Realistically it's looking like it never will though.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Newell confirmed in an interview not too long ago that HL3 is not even on their radar. Not started, not planned. The only thing he wouldn't commit on was that it would never happen. Realistically it's looking like it never will though.
Source?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
That really fucking sucks. I hope it was more misdirection than truth, but I ain't gonna hold my breath I guess.