LEAKED VIDEO exposes Google leaderships bias, as internet freedom slowly dies across the glode

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Liberals are given a pass on hate speech, race baiting/calling people racist/calling people nazi's(I think of it as similar to flopping in basketball) and judicial activism. If there is anything close to a new type of Nazi or Communist party it is starting to come to fruition with modern day liberalization. The fact is, it is much easier/safe to a being a liberal right now. I know this post will trigger some rage but that is reality of the current environment.

jesus fucking christ

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
The only words Dyna will see in your post:

LIBS DO THAT

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the pressures and challenges of the liberal movement. The liberal tolerance leash is pretty long, at some point it is not going to be the original message that was intended if things are taken too far. Look at Ginsburg's statement about the confirmation and the amount of divide between the two parties. It is apparent this problem is in the executive branch but it is also all over the US. It is not just a liberal problem but the liberal's do have the upper hand in regards to social movement which is the current place of power to make change. So the responsibility will ultimately be on the liberal movement to make the right decisions.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No one is forced to use Google, Facebook, Twitter, whatever it is on the internet. I don't see what the problem is.
Indeed, I dont use FB or Twitter, and use duckduckgo as my main search engine.

If it we're for Android and my Gmail accounts, Google wouldn't be in my interwebz much.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
The hilarity of all of this is not a single actual conservative voice has been banned from any platform.

An example is George Will.

What is currently happening is authoritarian white nationalists claiming to be "conservative" are being banned and claiming its an attack on conservatism.

Guess what? The vast majority of society does not want to associate with slander, libel, racism, bigotry and batshit insane conspiracies.

Too bad.

When an actual conservative gets banned for expressing actual politically conservative views, get back to me.

Meanwhile, stop whining about authoritarian white nationalists getting banned.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Here's part of what Google's co-founder had to say,
"Co-founder Sergey Brin can be heard comparing Trump supporters to fascists and extremists. Brin argues that like other extremists, Trump voters were motivated by “boredom,” which he says in the past led to fascism and communism."
Hmm, IMO he nailed it 100%. Zero fuc*'s given if he uses his company to promote liberal idealism, just watch Faux news for a few hours to see the REAL shit get slung, and you say Google's "bad" for disliking this epic loser, lying, bombastic, narcissistic, thieving, disrespectful piece of human feces?, they seem normal to me.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The hilarity of all of this is not a single actual conservative voice has been banned from any platform.

What is currently happening is authoritarian white nationalists claiming to be "conservative" are being banned and claiming its an attack on conservatism.

Guess what? The vast majority of society does not want to associate with slander, libel, racism, bigotry and batshit insane conspiracies.

Too bad.

When an actual conservative gets banned for expressing actual politically conservative views, get back to me.

"Fucking Nazis" pretty well covers it. Sniveling ones, at that.

Reactions: Indus

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Too bad.

The problem here is that they are genuinely conservative, and they're not really hiding anything. Except that what we used to think of as conservativism is really classical liberalism, and they're hiding behind that in order to push a paleoconservative agenda, where people are unequal under the law from birth, and a hereditary aristocracy is born to rule over us, etc. All conveniently hidden behind a bullshit guise of libertarianism. Yaknow, just that.

Reactions: jman19

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Literally no one actually thinks all viewpoints should be tolerated. As it relates to this, double nobody thinks all viewpoints should be actively promoted using a company’s resources.Funny how you guys are all about corporate freedom when it comes to denying women birth control but freak out when it comes to not evangelizing for Nazis.

I guess that’s American conservatives now.
Why on Earth would you assume I am against birth control? I am in favor of a persons freedom of choice in all matters. Odd how wrong you are. I would also prefer the nazi movement to be in the open where it is easily policed and curbed than kept in the shadows where it festers and grows. People have a right to believe whatever they want to as long as it doesn't harm anyone or break any laws, and we all know you can't legislate morality or ideals.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Dishonest word games, you can cry wolf, but its become obvious who abuses power.
GDlvqIo.png

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1039533071366848514

Trump is right: More than Facebook & Twitter, Google threatens democracy, online freedom
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-republicans-conservatives-column/1248099002/
You can also add racist to the accusations list, it's used fairly commonly to label others before taking away their rights.

This thread and the way Google steals data and invades personal privacy reminds me of the movie "The Circle" with Emma Watson and Tom Hanks.

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You can also add racist to the accusations list, it's used fairly commonly to label others before taking away their rights.

This thread and the way Google steals data and invades personal privacy reminds me of the movie "The Circle" with Emma Watson and Tom Hanks.
I don't see anyone forcing conservatives to use Google, there are alternatives to use, so what's the problem, other than conservatives playing the victim which they do better than anyone else?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Rather ironic of you to say that, since Republicans have been purposefully disenfranchising non-white people for years, and the Trump administration in particular is actively trying to take non-white people's rights away (see: investigations into whether or not it can revoke legal status for immigrants).

You may claim you're not racist, but you certainly don't think of racist policies as dealbreakers. Doesn't it trouble you that neo-Nazis enthusiastically support the same leaders you do?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
So to be clear we now have yet ANOTHER part of society that is biased against conservatives? Maybe it would be easier if you guys just started listing the things you think aren’t biased against you because it’s apparently everything.

I think we can both agree that modern American conservatism has become radicalized to an extent we haven’t seen in any western country for a long time. Radical movements create a lot of crazy shit. Google and Facebook are biased against insane and false material, not conservative material.

Wow. Really? Good to know. I wonder if you would be so good as to let the Palestinian activists know that the reason many of their accounts were banned from Facebook was because they were insane and false. It of course had nothing whatsoever to do with the Israeli government. Be so good as to inform all the Israel haters on here that it is the Palestinians spreading insane and false material and the Israelis spreading sane and true material. After all a billionaire in Silicon Valley done said so! Everybody knows that unelected and unaccountable billionaires are the EXACT people we want arbitrating our speech. They have never and would never fuck over the masses for their own personal financial gain.

PS: The social media giants are NOT acting in a capitalistic manner at all. They are acting as monopolies..... in fact the most powerful monopolies to ever exist in human history.... monopolies that are holding the speech of the ENTIRE world in their hands. In the past, liberals ALWAYS supported the regulation and diminution of monopolistic power. That is just another idea that the left has abandoned (along with objecting to war and FIERCE and ABSOLUTE support for free speech).

PPS: Any person who believes in ANY of the established religions is believing in something that is demonstrably false (and insane IMHO). By your own logic, ALL religions should be banned from social media.

PPPS: You assume that since the left controls the culture, media and social media access that they will always get to control what is "sane" and what is "true". Will your opinion on this issue change if the culture changes?

PPPPS: If you want to attack the ideas of the 40% of Americans who support Donald Trump go ahead and attack them. What I have seen is an all-out assault on them as human being but very little if any debunking of their ideas (with the exception of left leaning sites like The Amazing Atheist, Secular Talk and Jimmy Dore who are themselves at risk of being deplatformed at the behest of the mainstream media).

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Rather ironic of you to say that, since Republicans have been purposefully disenfranchising non-white people for years, and the Trump administration in particular is actively trying to take non-white people's rights away (see: investigations into whether or not it can revoke legal status for immigrants).

You may claim you're not racist, but you certainly don't think of racist policies as dealbreakers. Doesn't it trouble you that neo-Nazis enthusiastically support the same leaders you do?
I do not feel disenfranchised just because I am a non white living in America, I am glad that the rate of unemployment for us is at an all time low in my lifetime.
Are you sure that you have never bought a product or service that a neo nazi also supported?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I do not feel disenfranchised just because I am a non white living in America, I am glad that the rate of unemployment for us is at an all time low in my lifetime.
Are you sure that you have never bought a product or service that a neo nazi also supported?

Yeh, supporting Trump is just like buying Cheerios, I'm sure.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Wow. Really? Good to know. I wonder if you would be so good as to let the Palestinian activists know that the reason many of their accounts were banned from Facebook was because they were insane and false. It of course had nothing whatsoever to do with the Israeli government. Be so good as to inform all the Israel haters on here that it is the Palestinians spreading insane and false material and the Israelis spreading sane and true material. After all a billionaire in Silicon Valley done said so! Everybody knows that unelected and unaccountable billionaires are the EXACT people we want arbitrating our speech. They have never and would never fuck over the masses for their own personal financial gain.

PS: The social media giants are NOT acting in a capitalistic manner at all. They are acting as monopolies..... in fact the most powerful monopolies to ever exist in human history.... monopolies that are holding the speech of the ENTIRE world in their hands. In the past, liberals ALWAYS supported the regulation and diminution of monopolistic power. That is just another idea that the left has abandoned (along with objecting to war and FIERCE and ABSOLUTE support for free speech).

PPS: Any person who believes in ANY of the established religions is believing in something that is demonstrably false (and insane IMHO). By your own logic, ALL religions should be banned from social media.

PPPS: You assume that since the left controls the culture, media and social media access that they will always get to control what is "sane" and what is "true". Will your opinion on this issue change if the culture changes?

PPPPS: If you want to attack the ideas of the 40% of Americans who support Donald Trump go ahead and attack them. What I have seen is an all-out assault on them as human being but very little if any debunking of their ideas (with the exception of left leaning sites like The Amazing Atheist, Secular Talk and Jimmy Dore who are themselves at risk of being deplatformed at the behest of the mainstream media).

100% certain that this account has been hacked. Not joking. It's not just that the content is completely not the original bshole, it's the language. the personality. Everything is completely off.

Reactions: feralkid

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Lolwut

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

To expand on this a little. I concur with Johnathan Haidt that we are facing a free speech crisis. A new normal has been established and it is scary for the future of a free America.

Please watch the attached debate involving Pr Haidt. It is phenomenal. If you are a liberal you owe it to yourself to listen one of America's premier intellectuals argue for something that you may not agree with. See if you can poke holes in his logic. I appreciated the intellectuals on the other side of the argument for STRICTLY avoiding the use of ad homs in their counters. Though their arguments were less persuasive to me, I LOVED the way they conducted themselves. This is how the important arguments should be conducted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PCLJgfV9a4

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Alright, move to a state and county where Republicans have made it difficult for non-whites to vote and let's see how you feel. Just because you, personally, don't feel disenfranchised doesn't mean it isn't happening. Also, you might want to thank Obama for the unemployment rate, since that's largely his doing.

Also, nice attempted dodge. This isn't like accidentally buying the same shoe brand as Richard Spencer; this is government policy. Neo-Nazis love Trump because his agenda of deporting and scapegoating non-white people aligns with theirs. They love that he only reluctantly condemned their violence in Charlottesville (and, we now know, regretted doing that). They love that he "all lives mattered" a Holocaust memorial statement. And they love that people with neo-Nazi sympathies (like Stephen Miller) have or had roles in the Trump administration. The neo-Nazi support for Trump is overt and tied to his specific ideology; why are you comfortable with that?