LEAKED VIDEO exposes Google leaderships bias, as internet freedom slowly dies across the glode

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
I’m excited for Legendkiller’s return so he can tell us how the total shit show of the last year and a half has actually been amazing.

My guess is that he will start by claiming the economic trajectory we are on shows Trump’s genius despite it being nearly identical (slightly worse) than the trajectory we were on under Obama.

With a dash of I’m loving my tax cuts

I agree

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
We really gotta stop these leakers, right? Isn't that the battle cry of the right-leaners? Or was that last week?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
And yet it is Trump that wants to use the DOJ to investigate something not illegal, the NYT story, as a political arm and that's not authoritarian? Yeah.

My main concern isn't about the OP's silly complaints but that we are bubbled, indexed and manipulated by making decisions that reinforce our worldviews rather than challenge them.

Objective reality is harder to determine than a few years ago.

Reactions: Vic

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's funny how "conservatives" keep insisting that the only people who should be allowed freedom of speech and opinion are "conservatives." Everyone else it seems is a threat to "conservative" speech and opinion merely by having a different speech and opinion.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And yet it is Trump that wants to use the DOJ to investigate something not illegal, the NYT story, as a political arm and that's not authoritarian? Yeah.

My main concern isn't about the OP's silly complaints but that we are bubbled, indexed and manipulated by making decisions that reinforce our worldviews rather than challenge them.

Objective reality is harder to determine than a few years ago.

It's part of the way that the Trump political machine is intentionally dividing us. By encouraging people to think using their "repitilian" emotions, ie that anything that challenges our worldviews, anything that is different or foreign, is to be feared and suppressed, if not destroyed, immediately and without mercy.
The Trump political machines wants to take control of the information on the internet, therefore they present Google to their emotionally conditioned followers as different, as liberal, as non-conforming to the "conservative" agenda, and immediately they react as they have been emotionally programmed to do.

Reactions: VRAMdemon

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
It's funny how "conservatives" keep insisting that the only people who should be allowed freedom of speech and opinion are "conservatives." Everyone else it seems is a threat to "conservative" speech and opinion merely by having a different speech and opinion.

Liberals are given a pass on hate speech, race baiting/calling people racist/calling people nazi's(I think of it as similar to flopping in basketball) and judicial activism. If there is anything close to a new type of Nazi or Communist party it is starting to come to fruition with modern day liberalization. The fact is, it is much easier/safe to a being a liberal right now. I know this post will trigger some rage but that is reality of the current environment.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Liberals are given a pass on hate speech, race baiting/calling people racist/calling people nazi's(I think of it as similar to flopping in basketball) and judicial activism. If there is anything close to a new type of Nazi or Communist party it is starting to come to fruition with modern day liberalization. The fact is, it is much easier/safe to a being a liberal right now. I know this post will trigger some rage but that is reality of the current environment.

So in other words, you demand free speech, except when it makes you uncomfortable. Then it must be squashed. They're nazis because they called you nazis, and they shouldn't be allowed to call you a nazi but it's free speech when you call them nazis. Got it.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
LOL I've seen stoned people make more sense and a more convincing presentation than the OP.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I recall that one of the bigger criticisms (among many others) of the Star Wars prequels was that young Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) was portrayed as a selfish spoiled whiny bitch. That kind of portrayal of tyrannical evil wasn't in keeping with the traditional theatrical way it is portrayed, and so many viewers were incapable of understanding its realism.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
The difficulty you apparently have distinguishing between rage and eye-rolling is certainly emblematic of a major part of the problem.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

I'm sorry you feel that way, and fuck your feels

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The difficulty you apparently have distinguishing between rage and eye-rolling is certainly emblematic of a major part of the problem.
It's just projection. He sees his rage as liberals' rage. While all liberals see is someone childishly demanding that his freedom supersedes everyone elses'.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Aren't 2 of Google's board members immigrants and 1 an actual refugee?
Christ was a refugee in Egypt, and the Bible commands that refugees be cared for, yet these people who hate refugees like to call themselves Christians.

Reactions: Thebobo

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
It's part of the way that the Trump political machine is intentionally dividing us. By encouraging people to think using their "repitilian" emotions, ie that anything that challenges our worldviews, anything that is different or foreign, is to be feared and suppressed, if not destroyed, immediately and without mercy.
The Trump political machines wants to take control of the information on the internet, therefore they present Google to their emotionally conditioned followers as different, as liberal, as non-conforming to the "conservative" agenda, and immediately they react as they have been emotionally programmed to do.

I agree with you, but I'm also thinking in a larger sense. For example suppose I read some of the garbage circulating on the web not to reinforce a belief but to see what those I oppose are doing. I now get recommendations for Tucker Carlson and much worse. My feeds change because of my "interests" and there's not an easy way to combat that effect.

I pick a browser that does not accept cookies, go on in invisible mode and use a VPN at times as opting out is a joke.

All that to say the idea of the OP of some vast conspiracy is to be charitable, deeply flawed, it is in the nature of the current internet to direct us to things we will like be they political or a matter of toothpaste. It's that "bubbling" I'm referring to and if changes were made in the core approach Google and others use is to modify their approach. Not easy I know.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Christ was a refugee in Egypt, and the Bible commands that refugees be cared for, yet these people who hate refugees like to call themselves Christians.

Self-titled Christians, indeed. If I were them I should not be in a hurry to meet their Creator. "Depart I never knew you" is a real possibility.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Yes, cause libs be tearing down the institutions for checks and balances, making the free press enemy of the people and installing a SC that gives Trump unlimited pardon power, power to pardon himself and invincibility to any kind of prosecution while president, effectively creating an authoritarian regime. Fascist regime. A fucking FASCIST REGIME!
OH WAIT!! THAT IS NOT THE LIBS AT ALL IS IT? .. IT IS YOU FUCKERS THAT DO THAT.
Idiots. Morons. Retards.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yes, cause libs be tearing down the institutions for checks and balances, making the free press enemy of the people and installing a SC that gives Trump unlimited pardon power, power to pardon himself and invincibility to any kind of prosecution while president, effectively creating an authoritarian regime. Fascist regime. A fucking FASCIST REGIME!
Idiots. Morons. Retards.

The only words Dyna will see in your post:

LIBS DO THAT

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Idiots. Morons. Retards.
You're not a "conservative," so you're not allowed an opinion. That's "liberal rage" and must be squashed in order to protect free speech.

The above is not sarcasm. It is literally the way that "conservatives" like dyna and the OP think. Any examples of non-conformity to their thought, even though they are just others exercising their freedoms, are threats to freedom and must be squashed.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Biased people are outraged that other people have biases too.

That would be the correct thread title here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Yep.. Accuse the accuser - He has a history of accusing people of whatever he’s being accused of. You can create your own truth - just keep repeating it..Never admit you are, or did wrong. You’ve got to deny, deny, deny and push back. If you admit to anything and any culpability, then you’re dead.

Crisis is a powerful weapon - Forget planning, Wake up every morning, survey the battlefield, let your gut instinct lead you to a crisis to exploit, bet that no one else can thrive in the chaos the way you can. Ratchet up the pressure until everyone else's pipes burst."

His "brand" should piss people off - he doesn't want to be bland. He wants people to have a viscerally negative response to him and what he’s doing, because he bets that’s going to harden support on the other side.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
are we still angry about ethics in game journalism?
Why do these liberalfascists keep insisting that our vicious attacks on female gamers aren't about ethics in gaming journalism?

;)