Leaked Detonator Drivers 40.52 For Win9x/ME & 2000/XP

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Been using them since this morning, no problems except the very first time I ran 3DMark2001, it crashed within 1 second... then it ran 10 x after that fine.... guess maybe I needed a 2nd reboot after installing them or something hehe.

Oct 16, 1999
These things are running like crap for me in UT2003. I mean really, really choppy. 800x600 with quincunx should be much better than this on a GF4, and it was with the older drivers.

fluxquantum

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
i am running fine with these new drivers. my 3dmark score went up a notch. so far they are stable. they are better than the 40.41 drivers.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
So whats the consensus? Are these better than the 30.82's? Seems like lots of people have been reporting problems, while others have seen noticable performance improvements.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
A few things I've noticed so far compared to 40.41 and previous sets:

Improved driver properties inteface remains from 40.41

Hardware acceleration of OpenGL across multiple monitors actually works reasonably well now!

Reg hack to enable expanded AGP Settings tab in the driver properties opens up considerably more adjustments then were available before-unfortunately none of the options take effects, and it mis-detects current operating status of AGP transfer rate, and AGP Aperture size as well as AGP FastWrites and Sideband addressing.
If they can get it working it'll be a nice improvement-but for now the AGP Settings tab is completely non-functional anymore. :(

Options for Fast Linear MipMap Filtering in OpenGL have been removed. :(
That's an annoyance as enabling it caused an almost imperceptible image quality drop but improved performance.

DirectX anisotrophy now adjusted by slider, positive change IMHO

Texture Sharpening is enabled by default when FSAA is applied.

Allows DirectX OverRide of default Refresh Rate!
Definitely a very positive addition. Interestingly it does not allow for 800x600 adjustment though.