League of Legends - F2P MOBA (like DOTA) part 2

Page 184 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
Maybe, I only really think the competitive scene is pertinent in that it effects what people pick in soloq. Corki is probably more popular competitively the Lucian as well, but I'd take a Lucian (or a Draven for that matter) on my team currently over a Corki or a Twitch any day. That's why it's just imo.

In the same vein I see tons of Maokai top right now in both competitive and soloq, but I haven't seen many really strong ones in my games. He's a top tier competitive pick, but I'm not sold on his soloq status yet.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
kog and trist are among the most picked adc right now?

wow... they used to be the LEAST picked some time ago

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
kog and trist are among the most picked adc right now?

wow... they used to be the LEAST picked some time ago

The recent IE+Bork auto buffs coupled with the BT nerfs made the late game auto attackers waaaay stronger since they don't just get shit on mid game by full BT stacked Caits or Lucians.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
I mainly play Morgana mid so having her banned as a support really gets me mad. She will most likely be nerfed due to her support traits, but it will make her even less useful as a mid.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Oh man, I hadn't seen this thread in months. I haven't even touched the game since April or so. I've been drawn into Dota and don't think I'll come back to LoL for anything more than a brief nostalgic trip here or there. Ironically, I'd probably be better since Dota mechanics are a little tougher. You don't appreciate the no turning speed in LoL until you try and kite in Dota.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I played this game, my daughter used to play it alot. I got bored with it rather quickly cause it seemed to be to be an advanced "tower defence" kind of game.. while more tactical options the result remained the same, when the weights started shifting they very rarely shifted back... so the endgame was pretty predictable from early on in the game. Wrong?

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I played this game, my daughter used to play it alot. I got bored with it rather quickly cause it seemed to be to be an advanced "tower defence" kind of game.. while more tactical options the result remained the same, when the weights started shifting they very rarely shifted back... so the endgame was pretty predictable from early on in the game. Wrong?

Yeah, I'd say that's wrong. Most games are recoverable/throwable. The genre in general is one you have to invest a lot of time in to appreciate. But the nuances allow you to still be learning things after over 4000 games of LoL and easily as many in Dota1 in my case.

Oh man, I hadn't seen this thread in months. I haven't even touched the game since April or so. I've been drawn into Dota and don't think I'll come back to LoL for anything more than a brief nostalgic trip here or there. Ironically, I'd probably be better since Dota mechanics are a little tougher. You don't appreciate the no turning speed in LoL until you try and kite in Dota.

We miss you Strife :p haha. You were my first duo partner in ranked. I was Ashe mid vs. AD TF. Season 1 was good times. Turn time is not something I miss haha. I played a few Dota2 games and couldn't handle it anymore. It felt like strapping weights back onto my legs after years of running free. I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, but it feels like hell at first.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

Very. Try watching some LCS games

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
The recent IE+Bork auto buffs coupled with the BT nerfs made the late game auto attackers waaaay stronger since they don't just get shit on mid game by full BT stacked Caits or Lucians.
wait what! I thought Jinx is in the top 3 adc atm? Did she get nerfed or something? I haven't played LoL since last year. Am I wrong?

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
We miss you Strife :p haha. You were my first duo partner in ranked. I was Ashe mid vs. AD TF. Season 1 was good times. Turn time is not something I miss haha. I played a few Dota2 games and couldn't handle it anymore. It felt like strapping weights back onto my legs after years of running free. I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, but it feels like hell at first.

Haha, oh S1. That was a magical time where the lane configuration wasn't established and you could basically take any champ to any lane and there was only a handful that could jungle.

wait what! I thought Jinx is in the top 3 adc atm? Did she get nerfed or something? I haven't played LoL since last year. Am I wrong?

As I understand from reading, Bloodthirster got nerfed pretty hard. That was Jinx's main item that kept her alive in fights. She'll still do well with BoRK+IE but she doesn't have the same level of sustain.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Nah definitely wrong. I just won a game where one of our own was basically feeding and it seemed to be over early on, Thresh had 0 kills 15 death and his lane buddy Caitlyn was also pretty garbage. Our Yasuo carried us to victory with my help and the top lanes help.

Pretty tense game overall, quite a bit of back and forth.