Leafs Denied.......... Gonch is a Bruin

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred
I wasn't sure if this was going to be about hockey or soccer untill I came in here.

there is a gonch soccer player? :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Originally posted by: notfred
I wasn't sure if this was going to be about hockey or soccer untill I came in here.

there is a gonch soccer player? :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

I dunno, but it's usually one of those two sports when I haven't heard of either the player or the team that was mentioned.

Yea, another "blockbuster" deal for the leafs.

Too bad it won't do anything but bust open the wallets of ticket buyers.
rolleye.gif

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
I'm hoping my B's get him first. Gonchar would finally give us that point shot we have been lacking on our PP and make us immediately better for the playoffs. Unfortuneatly, the Caps may want too much. The word is Samsonov and a first round pick is what we would likely give up, but if they want Bergeron the price will be too high IMO.

Another B's possibility might be Leech coming over from the Rangers for probably a pick and a young prospect...possibly defenseman Jeff Jilson.

Oh well...should be interesting to say the least.

:)

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Originally posted by: mpitts
The Wings don't need him. He might as well go to someone in the East.

:D

Robert Lang will fold in the playoffs ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Darn. I guess will just have to rely on Yzerman, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hull and the other guys on their team to score.

:D

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Yes!!! :D:D:D

<--One Happy B's fan

IMO, we really didn't give up too much fo this trade, and Gonch should fit in well with the B's. My favorite part is this quote from Mike O'Connell..

Bruins general manager Mike O'Connell said he was comfortable dealing Morrisonn, 21, and draft picks because Boston has an abundance of good young players, particularly defensemen.

O'Connell added the dealing might not be done, saying he's looking to pick up a forward to boost scoring.

"We feel we have a good team that is in the right place at the right time with our goaltending and our solid play throughout the lineup," he said. "Adding (Gonchar) and hopefully others will hopefully give us a better chance to advance in the playoffs."

I can't remember Boston being a player @ the trade deadline like this before...what I nice surprise.

:beer:

Boston Globe

zer0burn

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2002
leafs got leetch.

what they gave up for gonchar was too much.

The leafs gave up basically 4 players but none with the potential of that Boston kid.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Yeah, but we have a lot of defenseman prospects in our system, so it's not too big a loss. You figure in Gonchar's age, and it seems like a good deal to me. We already have Jonathan Girard who is recovering well from almost dying in a car crash last year, and Jillson is another one who could develop into something good.